or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

Jiminy Crickets, everyone's relationship is going to Hell in a Handbasket. Perhaps its time to let the robots take over.
It is inconsistent to be anti-capitalist and yet live in oppulence. You must share your wealth and good fortune with the collective. This threadkdk lives on because Hey Man represents a sort of HuffPo everyman; a portion of the citizenry that both amazes and baffles folks from all walks of life.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mnkybiznes Nah, always liked the 5 spoke & want to keep with the "OEM" type look of the car .......... BBS, DPE & HRE would be my next choice, but they're too played out on these cars. Yes, smart. Keep it authentic. OEM is OEM for a reason. The car will get you as far as the parking lot, spend the rest on paying down your mortgage or buying nice suits.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow What does it matter if he didn't? Every year, the college system spits out thousands of graduates who all parrot the same exact lines and who all think they're being incredibly clever doing so. I grant you that many colleges have become institutions of higher regurgitation. I can't put my finger on it, but Maher sounds like he learned his politics from other comedians.
Most of us agree: Bill Maher is not funny and not interesting. I still contend that he did not go to college but I am too uninspired to google it.
Can anyone explain why fancy English people hyphenate their names? Edward Rhys-Collins Rigel Rhys-Smith ????? Also, what pub names have you encountered? My favorite is still the Eagle and the Child in Oxford.
Quote: Originally Posted by mkarim I've seen this to be more true of Americans than any other westerners. Here, the word of Oprah automatically becomes the law of the land. American women want everything. They want a "soul mate" who can spend endless hours talking philosophy and feelings, as long as you agree with her; they want jobs but don't want the kids being tended by someone else; they want a big house and nice car but don't want to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS I was at this marvelous country estate hotel in Ireland ... having a quiet breakfast in the dining room ... when out front a Mercedes limousine pulled up and out hopped a “Telly” Savalas look-alike "producer" and his girls. We didn't have to wait for them to enter to overhear his "Stick with me baby, I'll show you the world." Once inside it was "Have some kippers, gorgeous." Then before we knew what hit us ... a cell...
Hey Man thinks America sux. Fight over whether Hey Man's Leftistness is genuine or an assortment of sound bites from MSNBC. Hey Man mellows a bit when other posters don't call him bad names or go Jerry Springer on his ays. Hey Man makes $$ from rentals of DVDs and movie attendance because he produces movies. Hey Man does not conduct himself like a stereotypical movie producer. Assortment of commentary on Hey Man's posts (poasts).
Quote: Originally Posted by Hey Man To answer your question, because everyone gets offended when their question doesn't get answered - No. If I were a producer, that's what I would do. I'd say "talk to me babe!" and just go the whole way with the gig.