or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

Star Wars has camp embedded in its DNA. If you look at the movies Lucas borrowed from, one should be prepared for an adventure story. I enjoyed trade disputes, federations, and the like, because you can't always have whipped cream. I like the new movie because they let us see the Sith early on. No waiting around. The Dark Side is always more interesting and compelling from a movie watching perspective. Solo, the Milennium Falcon, fat guys in X wing fighters . . . that...
Can Hillary win while under indictment for email mayhem? Will the Lynch justice department prosecute or will it follow Holder's example and ignore laws in favor of raw politics?
I enjoyed the politics in the first series. The politics laid the groundwork for Palpatine's genius. He pulled off an incredible coup, culminating in Order 66.
Was Coruscant blown up in this movie? Remember when a bunch of planets got exploded? I was in disbelief that the jedi temple and the senate were destroyed. Did I misinterpret that?
Let us be clear. The refusal of German women to accommodate affections by iPhone refugees is an act of xenophobia and racism. German official's advice to women to stay at arms length from attackers will lead to right wing racism. Women should accept the new German residents. Accept in all respects
Still trying to wake up. This has to be part of a weird dream. When do the screen-writing squirrels on astrojets appear?
I think it makes sense, because I took it as more of, "don't forget we've also got Leia."
Why aren't you celebrating diversity? Re-education camp for you. And 3 weeks of sensitivity training.
The only complaints I have: 1. FN287 and Rey should not be able to last more than a minute against a Sith in training, even if he is injured. 2. Rey is portrayed as a good guy, yet she has a British accent. Everyone knows the good guys are American. Maybe they'll turn her to the dark side and fix this. 3. I don't think Sidious gets enough credit in these movies. He was a mastermind and truly on team Sith, yet Vader gets all the credit for Sith successes.
Kylo Ren was a great villain. By far the most interesting character. I hope he eventually becomes the Sith master and runs the galaxy.