or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

I was conducting intense research on the history of cell phones in the Zhou dynasty, and came across the CE BCE references. It reminded me of Solzhenitsyn's observation that to destroy a people you must first sever their roots. I can only hope that this is a fad that will go the way of Leif Garrett. Because the profound stupidity of it all makes my eyes hurt when I encounter it. And so, I will read it as "Christian Era" and "Before Christian Era", but never use...
The Sanford, a blucher of beauty, is back.
Quote: Originally Posted by redcaimen He was just timed out. I am very impressed with the mods on this. Fuuma seemed to think he was a law unto himself and could do or say anything under cover of a french-canadian court jester.
Quote: Click to Show Spoiler I like foo too much.
Make the "f" and the "u" red, let's make everyone happy. Styleforum
Hey Man loves to watch Bill Maher too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Right now this is very much a hypothetical question. I don't have any offers in the wings but there is at least one job for which I may be considered within the next month or two. I started my current job in January and am somewhat hesitant about leaving so "soon." But if it's a bigger gig with more money...wouldn't I be foolish to turn it down? What's the consensus on this? Does the new job involve...
Quote: Originally Posted by Working Stiff Calf and hamstring stretches help. Massage helps. Ultimately, the 'cure' is to strengthen your feet. It's one of those things that takes a long time to deal with. You should distrust orthotics, and podiatrists in general. They tend to treat the symptoms, rather than the real problem. Stretches and massage are part of the treatment recommended by a podiatrist. Orthotics support the arch and...
Quote: Originally Posted by wahwho11 doc it. stand on your legs way too often to let this go. I agree 100 percent. This could ruin your life. The problem is that, if left untreated, the tendon will calcify into bone, making the pain permanent. And in your old age, it will be torture. Doc it.
Orthotics may help, but you need to see a podiatrist first. You may also try HAPAD.com for inserts. If you have high arches, they have schaphoid pads that work well.