or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

On the spam issue, would it be possible to make the i-criminals jump through hoops before posting. Maybe a 50 post minimum to start their own thread. Maybe they should be tested like, name two of the three most prolific thread starters in CE. Or, which poster lives in North Dakota? Or who features Larry David as his avatar? This may cut down on the drive-by spam.
What is going on with Acura's styling? They look like high end kitchen utensils.
Quote: Originally Posted by shibbel Was I really due for a 100 year ban in CE? Admittedly, I went overboard, but the two I had issues with fired off comments as bad, if not worse. Wouldn't a two week ban, or at least a warning have sufficed? That all depends. Do you know which mod banned you?
Did Harriet Beecher Stowe have Uncle Tom go on a murderous rampage or something in a later book? I thought he was a fine fellow. Now he's treated like A. Dolph Hillter.
The idea that a student would be docked an entire letter grade for using proper terminology is shocking. This sounds like indoctrination more than education. If you encounter more of this thought control, I encourage you to contact your elected representatives and write about your experience in the paper. Wait until you graduate if you have to, but do it.
I am glad to have Manton back. I am so happy, I am going to order his book.
Its in the "Danger Zone" for cancelation next year. I wrote to ABC just now and urged them to keep the show going.
Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. I was watching until they explained part of the aliens motivation as having no feelings, or ability to "love". I'm sorry, that's just the laziest way to make someone a bad guy. And I normally love sci-fi, so it hurt to have such crap writing. To each his own. I was back and forth on the show, but over the last 6 weeks or so, it has been very fun and intense.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung Man... Google. Read the title. OK - I know. But its stupid.
Quote: Originally Posted by BP348 Why not? I actually have both but only use the charcoal grill. Never would have bought the propane grill but my wife wanted it for hurricane season. The coals stay hot for hours; they look like they have cooled down. Grills knocked over; pets; hot coals; etc.