or Connect

Posts by johnvw

I am really disappointed that the dinner suit on the left isn't available in my size.
(Should shave the neck, though. )
Well-said. This seems to explain why I find the tie in the bottom picture too small. Thank you for this post.
I believe you are right in stating that "rule." Judging from the picture, however, the tie, in proportion to the spread of the shirt collar and distance from the edges of the jacket lapels, still seems somewhat small to me. At least Cooper gets points for wearing a self-tied tie (even if someone else tied it)--and not a (horrors!) long tie!
I focused on DiCaprio's lack of cummerbund or vest, and didn't notice the tie. Good calls all around!
Thanks to MrDaniels for this post. Agreed that the top three are among the least objectionable male ensembles at this event. It has probably already been noted, however, that DiCaprio is not wearing a waist covering in the top pic.
Thanks for this post showing two reasonably faithful efforts at the correct black tie look. To me, however, the tie in the top pic looks too large; the one in the bottom pic, too small. Anyone have a picture of a "just right" bow tie from this event?
Smashing looking outfits!
OK