or Connect

Posts by johnvw

Not really. Surely wearing 7 ties at one time, rather than displaying each individually, perfectly coordinated with shirt, jacket, and pants, is an egregious breech of SF protocol. This talent could be better channeled elsewhere. To compound this transgression, the pocket square is too matchy!
This looks horrible. Seriously. Anyone considering tying a tie in this manner should be forced (non-violently, if possible) to put down the tie and walk away from it slowly. Use of this knot by SF members (though this would not happen irl) should be grounds for immediate expulsion from SF.
With due respect to the new scoring system, I would like to add a "+1" to this.
+1. All the best in the interview.
That's one too many.
A search among existing threads here did not turn up one on this topic, about which I am curious. Factors such as fabric, construction, and fit being equal, among people knowledgeable about sartorial details, is a double-breasted overcoat generally considered more "upscale looking" than a single-breasted one? I can understand some people regarding it as being more functional in providing warmth, because of the overlap of cloth. But is one considered more "upscale" or...
You may want to wear the jacket and tie with a lighter colored shirt sometime.
Welcome to SF! You may want to check out www.bestcustomshirt.com and www.itailor.com. Each provides choices of custom options such as collar style and cuff style, and I believe each is within your budget range. I have had good results with both.