or Connect

Posts by Trit

Verdant Environmental Systems "Forget the rest, try the VES!"
I posted a while ago about tailoring my 5-Zip. No one was for it, with good reasons. I have had tailors ruin a 5-Zip before, so it's definitely something to be more careful about than a textile jacket. Took it to an actual leather worker guy and he did a good job. It's a little tight now, but who cares. It was a Frankenstein fit anyway. I like it a lot. Only piece of clothing that gets compliments on the streets. Old ladies dig it. On the Margiela roulette wheel, it's...
My 5-zip is worth more than my skin plus bike-specific jackets are more practical than just a cafe racer. I have a waxed cotton Rev'it that's better in the rain and has a detachable thermal liner. I like keeping a bridge pass and my insurance papers in my jacket all the time so I don't forget them and that's easier with just a riding only jacket. Plus the bike jacket is armoured which for me is way more lazy friendly than wearing an armoured shirt under a regular...
Also, props to my mom for posing with me.
No, that's me. I love how it looks open. This is strictly a zipped up thing. My sister thinks I'm crazy, too. You ever have one niggling bit about a piece of clothing that keeps you from enjoying it fully? It's one of those. Not all the way logical.
See, that's why it's tricky. I've had three different sizes of 5-zips and they all the same issue for me. The drop is just so weird. The shoulders, chest, and hem are all great, it's the way the drop goes from under the pits to like the navel. It's too much leather there. I don't know who can fill that out. The pic Yoox had points it out well. No one's built like that:So I really need the waist reshaped in a more masculine, flattering way. That's the hard part to explain...
I never liked how my orange 5-zip fit while zipped even though I think it's super cool otherwise. I couldn't sell it so I finally deiced to try to get the waist tailored. Went to a real leather worker this time. He seemed to know his stuff, but who knows what'll happen. I don't trust any of my local tailors. I just feel like a bit of a dick trying to explain how relatively particular I am compared to the normal guy who comes in.
Anyone have anything to say about Royal Republiq boots? How they fit, etc?
I thought about getting this Margiela a year and a half ago and it showed up on Yoox for cheap recently and man-oh-man is it the worst. No one has handled worse quality leather than this. I'm talking nylon windbreaker thin. The only piece of clothing I ever could of returned without opening the box. The box was just so damn light when I picked it up. Possibly worth $100 if you needed a very, very light jacket but this thing retailed for like $2,500. Almost impossible.
Hey, these totally fit and look super-duper rad. I ordered them in blue too. Looser top block, slimmer in the legs. They look great. Got a blazer from the same company, Messagerie, but it fits badly. Still, though, cool pants.