or Connect

Posts by Trit

Regarding laces, I just use stretchy ones from the local sport shop. No one can tell them apart and I don't have to lace anything.
Nah, there's nothing in Halifax, as far as I know. Got them off ssense.
I'm wearing Grenson Sharp boots in Halifax and they're holding up well despite the calamity out there. Interestingly the water and salt have really smoothed out the pebble grain effect in the leather. I never knew that could happen. I think one of the tricks if you're going to wear fashion boots as winter boots is to get something with a high enough tread to keep you out of the water as much as possible. Commando soles aren't going to cut it. I thought these Dsquared2's...
I would suggest medium. I found the cut extremely slim in the Chateau. I can't imagine making a slimmer cut parka with that much down in it. I'm 5'9 and 170 and the medium was much too small. The large fits perfect. It's hard to go off measurements because the jacket's so thick. It makes me look 20 pounds heavier, not in a bad way. Though when I first started wearing it I knocked over a couple store displays; body wasn't used to it's new Michelin Man dimensions.
After having a Chateau for over a year I still dig it. No wear or rips and it caters to my lazy side of not wanting to wear gloves or toques. It's all my winter clothes in one. Happy with the quality.
See, I never would have known that. Thanks for the info.
Nebulous Yoox brand Brando. I dig it. What is the rich fashion guy's equivalent to eyeball sizing some discount piece online and then having it crush? Where every piece of clothing you buy matters. You feel that.
It's not THAT bad. Any boot with a lug sole basically is good enough. Salt drying the leather to the point it splits is all I'm worried about. I don't need completely waterproof or insulated boots. Though the best choice I made last year was giving up on fashion winter jackets and getting a Canada Goose. So I don't fault anyone for doing so.
Grenson sharp boots off ssense sale. Leather quality feels only alright but they look sweet and are Goodyear welted right through the lug sole, which I don't always see. Last winter was a sobering lesson of what salt does to pretty boy boot leather. I have a beeswax based product called Sno-Seal that's applied with a hair dryer. I'm going to try that. If anyone has any suggestions for keeping boots alive through a Canadian winter, please share.
I find it hard to believe a 5 zip can fit like that picture unless it's a totally different cut than normal. I'm no expert, but I'm a 50 and I've had a 52, 50 and a 48 and they've all fit similar. They all had a chest 4 inches larger than the size marked (40 equivalent has a 44" chest), which was too much for me. Plus they all have the narrowest part at the hem; it drops gradually all the way down from the chest. It doesn't have the narrowest part at the waist and then...