or Connect

Posts by Trit

I love this jacket, except that it's too small. Wore it twice but it just isn't a 40. Much better fit for a 38. Double vented, one button, lined, non-working button holes. Cool looking fabric. No signs of wear. Measurements: P2P: 20" Sleeves: 26" Length: 29" Item is located in Canada. Shipping is $20 in Canada, $25 to US. Thanks for looking Trit
I notice this season's 5-Zips have visibly stitched hems now. One of the details I loved about Margiela jackets was the super clean edges. It just sort of folds under and makes a real crisp line with no puckering. Anyone know how they do that? Is there like a bonded something in there sticking it together? Were they stiched in earlier seasons? Anyway, stitched hem is lame. But I can't fault that model.
That brings up a good point. Have any of you guys in this thread actually bought another jacket/wallet/bag to replace the item you're still waiting for? You're not going cold for two falls and springs, I'd hope. Do share.
I always see Tagliatore on Yoox. Gave this corduroy one a try for super cheap. Much tighter waist than it looks. Generally quite slim, but with a bit of stretch in the fabric. Nice buttons.
Regarding laces, I just use stretchy ones from the local sport shop. No one can tell them apart and I don't have to lace anything.
Nah, there's nothing in Halifax, as far as I know. Got them off ssense.
I'm wearing Grenson Sharp boots in Halifax and they're holding up well despite the calamity out there. Interestingly the water and salt have really smoothed out the pebble grain effect in the leather. I never knew that could happen. I think one of the tricks if you're going to wear fashion boots as winter boots is to get something with a high enough tread to keep you out of the water as much as possible. Commando soles aren't going to cut it. I thought these Dsquared2's...
I would suggest medium. I found the cut extremely slim in the Chateau. I can't imagine making a slimmer cut parka with that much down in it. I'm 5'9 and 170 and the medium was much too small. The large fits perfect. It's hard to go off measurements because the jacket's so thick. It makes me look 20 pounds heavier, not in a bad way. Though when I first started wearing it I knocked over a couple store displays; body wasn't used to it's new Michelin Man dimensions.
After having a Chateau for over a year I still dig it. No wear or rips and it caters to my lazy side of not wanting to wear gloves or toques. It's all my winter clothes in one. Happy with the quality.
See, I never would have known that. Thanks for the info.