or Connect

Posts by KingOfTheForum

Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Many of these types of stores don't even bother to inspect the goods when they are returned. These are the same stores that would rather tolerate a "reasonable amount" of employee theft than raise wages and provide decent benefits. FYI: I've actually heard a multi-unit manager refer to a "reasonable amount" of employee theft. Store-level retail is a b**** in most companies, regardless of how many degrees or...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston critasism Of all the bull-ish that was listed in that post (most of which I skipped over), the above is what I LOLed hardest at!
My first thought is that the sleeves are glaringly short. The length makes your cuffs look extremely wide. Also, pull your pants up a bit, put on a belt and tuck your shirt more neatly. That should create a better presentation. If possible, I'd get longer sleeves. If it's not possible, the shirt's still serviceable.
Older woman (probably 60s) walks into the store. She picks up a bottle of vitamin D and goes directly to the register. The conversation begins: Me: Hi. How are you? Her: Fine Me: Did you find everything alright? Her: Yes. I scanned her product, and I told her what the total was. She gives me her money. Me: Alright. You'll be getting.....back. Here's your change. Let me grab a bag for you. I put her bottle into the bag and say, "......and there you are" as...
What else are you wearing with the suit? That would help explain why you chose orange and help us figure out whether you made the right choice.
If you have a belt with a removable buckle, remove the buckle and cut some of the excess leather off of the end of the belt (the part that the buckle fastens to). That should shorten your belt enough to at least minimize the issue.
Ooooh. You mean a purse....I'll ask around and see what the girls at work recommend.
That looks like a solid list. I didn't pick the list apart piece by piece, but it looks like the makings of a pretty nice wardrobe. When I read the title, I immediately thought that you should emphasize buying pants and shirts. It looks like that's what you're doing. I'd suggest several pairs of khaki colored pants. They tend to stain and collect smudges quickly, so I don't like to wear the same pair frequently. The same goes for white shirts. I buy a boat load of white...
I agree with the above post. Some of these stories seem unrealistic and unnecessarily rude. I'll admit that I've gotten quite a few customers fired up, but it's always been because they were "copping an attitude" about something that they were wrong about, not because I just felt like being pedantic. My motto was that I'd go above and beyond for a customer UNTIL he or she became rude. After they became rude, I'd just focus in on following the rules, whether it was to the...
Every single thing on that list seems insane to me. A $2K suit? I've seen many suits that cost that amount but I've never seen one that was WORTH that amount. My custom, hand-made suits cost a fraction of that price, have the personal touches that I want and look excellent in my opinion (yes, they're full-canvassed). $100 tie?....stupid. $200 pants?....stupid. $150 shirt?.....stupid. I wouldn't pay $500 for shoes, but they're the one item that would be a...