or Connect

Posts by KingOfTheForum

Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself King, I think the man wanted to go to jail because he figured he's old and would die soon enough anyway and he wanted to spend his remaining days (or weeks or months) in a relatively secure place. I doubt they would have put him in a federal penitentiary. That's just my opinion, of course. In hindsight, he may have been baiting me into sending him on "vacation." That would explain why he didn't break...
Quote: Originally Posted by rich_202 I usually just go with the GAP variety. They are cheap, thin (which is great if you decide to wear them under a jacket) and typically last about 2 years at which point, they fall apart. I'll be heading to the GAP soon. My 2 years are up. I second this suggestion. Pick up your sweaters at a low price from Old Navy, Gap or some other discount retailer, and have them tailored.
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic You douche, he INSISTED that you call the police, yet you didn't. He might just have wanted a simplier life, liek Bernard Madoff, in a orange jumpsuit, 3x3 cell, and 3 square meals a day and a place to sleep. Yet you kicked him out of hte store (probably with no multivitamins)... back to his homeless shelter. more depressing I just wanted to gtfo of the store for the night. The police would...
I prefer steaming.
The supplement store that I worked in closed at 7pm each night. At the time that this story took place, it was about 6:30pm, and I was preparing the store for closing. An older man (50+) came into the store and walked to the nearest products. Since I was eager to finish paper-work and go home, I was more than willing to oblige his request to look around by himself for a bit. 10 minute pass....15.....20. There are only a few minutes left before closing, and I'm starting...
A young woman (between 17 and 21) walked into the store. I was training a co-worker at the time and didn't see her walk in. The other employees on duty must have been assisting customers at the time because she approached me and my trainee. I had my back to the door, so I didn't notice her standing behind me. She couldn't have been there for long, but she jumped in with a slighted tone: Her: EXCUSE ME! Me: (turning around) Hi. How can I help you? Her: People need...
In unranked order: Steve Madden sporty-casual shoes- I'm not sure what they're actually called, but they're in between dress and gym shoes. I've got a variety of different colors, from black and grey to brown and tan. Monkstaps- These are nice for going out on dates that don't call for a suit. Both suede and calfskin work Dress boots- Leather is my choice
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley The least you could have done was hooked up the customer knowing the company was trying to screw em, especially if it contributed to you wanting to quit. Believe me, during my last days, I gave out some of the best deals I'd ever seen in the store, even though I technically didn't have the authority. BUT, here's another example of a dumb customer: A young man ( early 20s) walk into the store, and...
The company that I worked for had an interesting way of screwing its customers. The company sold a "discount" card that was only good for a specific portion of the month, and the company ended sales or raised prices a few days before the card went into effect. Most of the time, the customer ended up paying just about the same amount as he/she would have without the card. When a bright customer entered the store and realized/noticed the change, fun ensued: A guy and his...
I bought a pair of AE seconds recently that were, in a word, "ugly." They had clearly been used and abused in the store that they were shipped from. I was baffled by the fact that the store manager would even ATTEMPT to ship them to a customer. Needless to say, my demand for a refund was obliged. ...small cosmetic defect my @ss