or Connect

Posts by Baverso

Quote: Originally Posted by shakattk I just ordered a suit from a swatch. I was concerned about how the fabric would look on the suit. To mitigate my concerns, I researched fabric types both in store and online. I thought of differences between fabrics such as flannel vs. twill. I handled the fabric on several occasions using only large swatches. In the end I chose a solid navy twill for a clean, crisp look. How big was your swatch? Did you...
Quote: Originally Posted by courty All of those problems ( but no. 4) can be cured by asking your tailor to send you swatches, including larger cuttings if necessary, of the cloths you have chosen from the books. First, in respect to #1: I don't see how that problem could be resolved. If you want to look at many fabric choices you are limited to either the tailor's swatchbook, or the, IMO poor quality online catalogs. In regards to problems...
I would like to compile a list of disadvantages to the process of choosing a fabric. This thread will be a good way identify and validate the shortcomings of the process and hopefully generate ideas on how the process could be improved. So if you want to participate in this thread, our objective is to: identify, validate, and generate ideas regarding the process. It'll be interesting to hear your experiences. Here's a list of problems I've identified from older...
Update: Price drop on the Burberry Suit.
*New with Tags* Pictures Here! Burberry by Hickey Freeman 2-button, A Beautiful Variant of Glen Plaid. Double-vented. Notch lapels. Size: 38R. 100% Worsted Wool. Made in USA. Pants unhemmed, would look great with 2" cuffs. Hem Width: 8.5" Jacket Measurements: 25" sleeve length (shoulder seem to cuff) 18.25" shoulder width (shoulder seem to shoulder seem) 30" length (bottom of collar to bottom of jacket) 3 1/8 " lapel width 40" chest ...
RangeP - I didn't reduce the sleeve width, I had them shortened.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Looks great, I would not do a tie clip or pocket square for an interview. I agree on that, I spoke to a couple other people who had advised the same. By the way, your avatar, is the hair I aspire to. Quote: Originally Posted by DStew Looks good. The little Shoulder divots thing in the padding will even out as it hangs if its anything like my fitz suit. I thought shoulder...
Quote: Originally Posted by CYstyle i can't see anything in the pic of the back of the suit, can you retake that pic? Sorry it's not bright enough. Solid navy is hard to get a decent exposure on. Quote: Originally Posted by acecow You kinda look like young Nick Cave and that's a plus. Sweet.
Hello all, this is my first suit, and I think that the tailor should have taken in the waist more. Please let me know what other fit problems you see and if you concur on the waist thing. The photos have already been posted on the WAYWRN thread in this post here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=27338 Thanks!
This is my first suit, a navy solid BB Fitzgerald. How's the fit? I wish the alterations lady took it in more. What do you think? This is my first suit, a navy solid BB Fitzgerald. How's the fit?