or Connect

Posts by Baverso

All-around win. You just taught me how to wear a check-suit without upsetting my superiors. Tasteful and CBD. Thanks.All-around tool-of-the-year.
Hello kai, I like the colors as well, especially your choice of tie for the holiday. Nice! I think the lower buttoning point serves well to lengthen your frame, but to my eye if that buttoning point was an inch higher, the jacket would appear more balanced IMHO.
I was in a conversation with a finance friend the other day and we were talking about our country's credit-culture. We discussed FICO, Experian, Transunion, etc. And we discussed Moody's, Standard & Poors. For the sake of brevity I'm going to skip to the point: There are numerous bureaus that monitor our debt on the consumer and business entity levels. The information has value to its users. Users can monitor their own debt levels, banks can evaluate credit-worthiness, and...
I have one I purchased at a navy surplus with seven buttons in the same positions. It's definitely not current spec as you'll see by the tag and the chalked in last name of the original wearer.Caveat: Unless a button, unbeknownst to me, in the course of the coat's life, has popped off.
What is the meaning of this? My favorite thread to lurk has somehow fallen into uncharted lands...
I agree with the feedback. Way too niche of niche. Guess I've been spending too long on this website. I should probably take a step out for fresh air.
I appreciate everyone's responses. It's interesting to hear your "scientific method" to the process and how you arrive to your choice of fabric. Great responses, I hope the discussion generated didn't seem to elementary to readers. I'm going to (try to) change the gears of the thread a little: What if there's a website which represents all major fabric brands. It provides dslr quality photos of the fabric. The photos include variations of sun, incadescent, and...
mlongano and mmkn, great feedback about the process. It's good to hear that many of the fabric companies will mail you a piece. Here's an open question for discussion: Do they (the fabric companies) like dealing with individual customers who order something like a 1/2 yard swatch? Or the amount of fabric necessary to make a suit? What has been your experiences in this regard? I remember reading somewhere that they prefer doing business with tailors and distributors...