or Connect

Posts by FlyGuy

I have custom shirts by Piccolo and Salvatore Piccolo - note they are different houses - ~200 Eur I have custom ties by E. Marinella - 5/7/9 fold - ~100-150 Eur Investigated custom suits, etc, by: 1) Rubinacci ~5000 and up Eur 2) Cesare Attolini ~ 5000 and up Eur assume jackets are 75% of price, pants 25% Just research the Napoleon style as it's relatively unique vs rest of world.
Wrong last/size + no love shell Right last/size + big love calf Did someone say water spots?
Brushing works for the first 100 (real) wears or so...eventually, you will need polish/cream specifically designed for shell (eg Saphir), and a bone, then possibly a standard wax coating if you want. My point is that Shell is different than Calf and requires different maintenance - that's all. And...one more point, I have difficulty fading shell colors into each other (like the burnished toe and heel). I am not a professional by any means but the times I have tried have...
If you like color 8, the wet look and rolls of shell, and the maintenance required for it, f'n buy it and don't look back. If you don't, you don't. I personally went through my "OMG it's shell" phase and think that EG has one of the best burgundy colors around so to me, regardless of price, these do not appeal. No one is right here, no one is wrong.
Horweens Zug is respectable but not true to Heather Gorse / Zug as we know it and used on past models (eg: no Swiss chocolate byproduct leftovers added). If I can find the samples of Horweens Zug, I'll post them here. Otherwise EG Paris has additional samples. Three colors were offered: black / oxblood / dark brown. I think ~2mm thickness. Zug was the town in Switzerland where the leather was created and now, Zug is just the stamped pattern grain name btw originally...
EG has Zug available but when I inquired, they informed me it was sourced from Horween.
Happy to help everyone. The buckles become easier in time once they break in and you find the sweet spots. You can go a few ways: lace up + speed hooks (i haven't laced top two hooks) and no buckles BUT the strap will flop around if not covered by pants, lace + hooks + one buckle (find myself doing this the most), lace + hooks + two buckles (when I know I will be in them for some time), lace wrap around + one or two buckles (no hooks but looks a little messy and some...
So I asked about 72 last fit little bit ago. After buying the Kentmere black, here are some thoughts: like a giant 82 with lots of room for wool/thick socks. The E fits like an F and these boots are not designed for thin socks. I have worn them through the sun and sands of Miami beach, the freezing cold of Chicago, the rain in Amsterdam, the rough streets of Paris, and the snow in Moscow. Feet stayed completely dry, and warm with the right socks. A little of the...
Order three pairs through Paris then fly to pick them up and package in a vacation. Woohoo 11% VAT refund (on the shoes).