or Connect

Posts by HorseHide

I have the black dial (and it's gorgeous) but I oftentimes wish I had the white. I've actually played with the idea of trading...BTW, wearing my JLC master geographic for the first time today (if I wasn't a tech luddite I'd post a pic). It's a wonderful watch and I can actually see (as oppose to calculate) what time it is in two timezones! Although I'm not enthusiastic that the central (US) time zone is marked as "Mexico" and the pacific time zone is "Los Angeles" (I...
Sure, she might be on your flight (even in coach) but more likely you'll be sitting next to one of the people that I encounter on airplanes - you know the one with the back fat, wearing the wife beater? Yeah, that guy. Now that I've put that image in your head, shipping doesn't sound so bad, does it?
I know you've all been anxiously waiting for an update on my search for a dual time zone watch. Well, I believe that the JLC Master Geographic will be my next watch. For me it has proven to be the easiest to read and it provides a very simple mechanism to adjust time zones (although the mechanical memory Breguet for $78k was pretty sweet ). And like all JLCs that I've seen, the design and craftsmanship are impeccable. I did look at a number of other pieces, several of...
Question from a long-time lurker: I travel a fair amount and have been looking for a good work watch that helps me juggle different time zones. I picked up the new white dial Explorer II (I'm a Rolex fan - I have a Daytona and Sub) but the GMT feature isn't doing it for me. I find myself "calculating" what time it is in the other city and I don't need a complication to do that (unless I'm in India where they are a half hour off UTC - usually I'm so jet lagged when I'm...
I've been lurking for a long (long) time but the recent cultural discussion prompts me to ask: What's wrong with his sport coat?
Dead men don't piss.
That's me baby, condescending!
You have chukkas in #4? If not, then you don't have the SF officially sanctioned rainbow.
Finally an eBay seller that knows his Alden lasts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Plain-Toe-Blucher-Barrier-Last-/261087600712?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cca08a048
Ravello PTBs at Alden NY