or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

Yes, I've often been accused of attempting to impersonate the Queens of various countries. I take it you're speaking of the first one though, the one with the lion and stallion etc. Or do you mean the Britannia one with the crown and anchor? Yes the East India Company was ended in 1858, which I take it is the reason for the "1858" being on the button right below the symbol. And I agree on the color, shiny enough to be visibly metal, without being particularly ostentatious.
lol, damn. Now I'm not feeling as enthusiastic about those buttons. I've found the site of benson & clegg who seem to have a few good ones though. What do you guys think of these? The first is the Coat of Arms of the East India Company and the second is that of the City of London The first is Checkerboard and the second is the Britannia Silver Button As for having a connection to me, I'll readily admit I never had much to do with the East India Company, I wasn't...
lol really? I thought they were kinda nice. Yeah the lion and the unicorn is sort of random, but I feel they have to have something on them. The thing is though, that while I love MOP in general, this is my first "proper" blazer so I sort of want to go the whole way with the traditional approach, so I guess I feel that metal buttons just somehow belong. Is it generally considered a big deal whether or not the motif on the buttons has any relation though? Do people...
Just got myself a navy blazer, jacket is awesome, buttons really aren't. Obviously they made it assuming people who put on their own buttons, so obviously that's what I should do. Question is, where is the best place to get them, and how do people feel about silver as opposed to gold? Gold is more traditional, but I feel silver looks a little "younger" and at any rate my watch and pretty much all of my cufflinks are silver, so I think it'll suit me better with...
Title says it all, well almost. It also has to be reasonably long like 170cm + Thanks
That's awesome, do you know if they deduct VAT from their prices if you order them sent to an offshore address?
Is there any quality difference between the different traditional jermyn street shops when it comes to socks, or is it just a matter of different profit margins and different selection? Take Harvie&Hudson vs. Turnbull&Asser for example. £17 vs $24 a pair, is there a difference, or are they the same ones manufactured by Pantharella or whomever?
David, any estimate on when the new pattern silks will appear on the site?
Stumbled upon this on Drake's site and I have to say I really want one. Has anyone got any experience with this type of an item, or ideally this specific one from Drake's? How is the quality of Drake's leathergoods in general? Does anyone know? There are two that look nice, the drake's one and one from SAB that I'm looking at. http://www.drakes-london.com/leather-military-wet-pack-4452 http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/products/military_wetpack/index.html Anyone have...
I thought this was the fetish site....I have no idea, one the one hand it's very finely knitted, on the other hand it's made from a material used to make bulletproof vests.That's sort of why I'm asking, because I have no best guess.The approval you can keep, but the opinions I consider to be valuable as I like to be appropriately dressed, at least when I have to. I've already made an order of more silk socks the same night I received the first pair and I fully intend on...