or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

1: No idea2: That depends what you compare it with, and also which grenadine. My experience is that grossa will knot bigger than fina for example as they weave is bigger and therefore ends up "fluffier" to use that expression. And there's no such thing as "standard" ties as it depends entirely on the fabric. Satin in my experience will knot quite small, while many of the english pattern ties will knot much much bigger. I myself have the houndstooths and they form quite...
First off let me just say that my tie wasn't a grenadine, it was some kind of twill weave I think, so obviously the powder would get into the tie easier with a grenadine than with mine. However, as grenadines are so open, I should think that this would also let the powder escape the tie more easily.Well... The first point is to make sure you don't smear the powder into the tie to begin with. You want to put it on top of the tie so it makes contact with it and can draw out...
What kind of stains are they?I managed to spill some pasta on one of mine, but luckily it just left grease stains from the sauce, no color or any matter, just fat that soaked into the tie. I just used some baking soda on that and it came right out. Talcum powder is the best I think, but any sort of very dry powder (cornstarch is another one) will usually help absorb the moisture and pretty much suck the grease out. Of course if you've spilled something like tomato-sauce...
The tie aside, that is a really fantastic suit.Is that the same one you took the madder picture with?
Hello, reposting this from a separate thread as it was pointed out to me this is probably the best place to ask. I was planning on just getting a tie rack, but was deterred by the $50 shipping that the hanger project would charge, but as stuff on amazon is outrageously expensive, I figure I might just get it from Kirby Allison and get some suit/overcoat hangers since I'm paying the $50 in shipping anyways and it doesn't seem to increase even if I add more stuff. Think it...
I was not aware of that, but when you mention it I definitely should have figured there would be as I know he's an affiliate. I'll head over there, thanks.
You're right about woodlore I think, but the only stuff I find on amazon are absurdly priced ones for like £45 a piece.
I was planning on just getting a tie rack, but as stuff on amazon is outrageously expensive, I figure I might just get it from Kirby Allison and get some suit/coat hangers since I'm paying the $50 in shipping anyways and it doesn't seem to increase even if I add more stuff. So.... I wear 44 long (from Ede&Ravenscroft if that makes a difference,and I was planning on getting a few suit hangers and a hanger of my overcoat. Kirby recommends 17 inch hangers for jackets up to...
+1, that charcoal/silver is absolutely gorgeous. Especially in that photo with bright light and some blues tones around it.
I need a better way of organizing ties now that the Sam Hober appreciation thread has done it's damage. I looked into Kirby Allison's stuff and it looks great, but I'm not paying $50 in shipping for a $24 item. And I'm certainly not paying the $130 for UPS or whatever. So, does anyone know of any place that sells good stuff at reasonable prices and ships in Europe without taking an arm and a leg? I live in Norway specifically, if that makes any difference. What I need...