or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

That's a fantastic rose/pink color for that shade of grey
I was thinking I should subscribe to The Rake, but are there any promotional offers for styleforum members or anything similar? The Rake seems like a sensible thing to subscribe to, but I want this to cut into my tie-budget as little as possible.
Trying to figure out what my colours are. What I should be wearing the most to make me look good, what I should be avoiding at all costs, and what I can wear for variety without looking too silly. There are so many ties and shirts I want to wear, but I'd rather like to avoid the ones that make me look terrible, and as I do a lot of my shopping online (from places I know where I know how the fit is), I often have no chance to look at the color and hold it against my skin to...
Good choice, the burgundy is very beautiful as well. In fact the only reason I didn't go for it myself was that I was leaning towards getting a scarf made in the same fabric, then after I decided on something else for the scarf I sort of forgot about it, but it may warrant revisiting. I have a suspicion that the burgundy would look fantastic with a "wooly" type of navy suit, pink shirt and white square. Think the square and the white dots would each make the other pop.Be...
I love that tie, really wonderful. What I love about it (that doesn't appear in photos) is the shininess of the woven white dots. Rather than sitting there as flat white spots, they really pop because of the lustre of the white silk. I have it myself and I really regret not getting it in 6-fold.
Misery loves company, don't you know?If I'm going to be broke and destitute, I'm taking you guys with me!On a somewhat related note, 3 new hobers...
Absolutely. I'm hardly an expert on silk-printing, but in my experience what often happens is that the printing dye ends up "covering" the silk in a way, giving it color but muting it's vibrancy. With the madders from Sam Hober, the dye is really soaked through, so you don't see the dye but rather the silk with it's full lustre. I was surprised when I got my first madder because I can't actually tell what the original color of the silk is and what is printed color, because...
Hey guys, are you sure this is the fina? It looks a bit like the grossa to me. From the pics on the hober site the fina's dots are actual round dots while the grossa and this one both appear to have more elongated dotsI'm scheeming to copy kroaker on this one, want to make sure I get the right one. (not that there's any "wrong one" but you know what I mean.
From conversations with David I know this is already under consideration, but I'd love to see more check patterns. Especially small checks using few colors, like houndstooths and gingham and the like. The kind of "neat" checks if you will that are interesting up close but blend into a solid when you're a bit further away. He also mentioned some time ago that he was considering wool houndstooth, which I'd absolutely love. In fact I'd love wool checks in general. Like some...