or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

This past fall I bought a madder silk scarf from David (and due to a misunderstanding combined with David's excellent customer service, I got an extra one for free). As I live in Norway, David was curious to hear how the scarves held up in the Norwegian winter, so I promised that I'd report back after having worn them in some cold weather. I’m not going to say much about the beauty of these scarves, even though this aspect is an important one and one where they really do...
Well... that's fair enough, but I think you imagine the EPT6 to be more advanced than it is. The thing is that a tie like that will at a distance blend together and just look like solid metalic-looking mid-brown. So it doesn't end up looking "cluttery", but when you get close you see the details on it and it keeps it interesting, which makes it perfect for use in very very simple combinations that might otherwise become a touch boring. So from afar you get that simplistic...
Ah yes, the good ol' "iffy fiance" excuse to buy an extra tie.Don't worry buddy, we support you.But as others have said, the houndstooth is more formal and will look better in pictures looking back, and if it's a color that looks good on you, it's great to have two distinctly different variants in the same general color-scheme.
Ok, I'm back from the tie-lab and the results are in. I first tried with peach and brown houndstooth in 3-fold and powder and navy houndstooth in 6-fold, Basically I could feel the ridge on both of them with my hand, but I couldn't see it in the mirror on either. The second test was with grenadine finas, dark red fina in 4-fold and midnight blue fina in 6 fold, as well as midnight blue with white pindot fina. On the dark red fina I could both see the ridge and clearly...
The blue one will pretty much work with any suit, as someone said it probably looks best with grey (also look good with off-white etc) but perfectly fine with navy for a very "clean" and fresh look.As for the brown ties, they will also work just fine with both navy and grey, though probably better with navy.Personally I prefer the last one, but that's because I like my browns to have a certain warmth to them. My complexion and hair-color are more about color than contrast...
I've been considering getting a diamond weave in that color, but this one is really something.Seems to be a pretty similar effect to the diamond-weave though, isn't it?If you have a diamond weave tie, how would you compare them?
The second pic's not bad, but the first one is really fantastic. Love those patterns and textures.
That's a sweet tie, well done. Would love to see it paired with a shirt that was more of a "fresh" blue with less gray in it, though. Clearer, more vibrant blues and warmer browns tend to really bring each other out in my opinion.
Regarding the two choices, if we're talking about the tie itself, I'd go with 167 because I just found it more aestheticaly pleasing with on color prints rather than two. That being said, a tie is usually not worn all on it's own (unless it's a special occasion), so the question is what you're going to wear it with. If we say the suit is going to be navy, I think the 167 would look better with a white shirt or a pink shirt etc, but if you're going to be wearing blue shirts...
Yeah, that's the biggest problem for most people participating in this thread, we're simply too rational when it comes to ties.