or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

This tie is 67*3.85 and with lined 6-fold construction (so you can judge the knot size), and in terms of colors it's pretty accurate, although they do look a bit flatter in the pic than in real life.
Yup, I got it. It's rolled up on my desk because I wore it yesterday. I'll snap a few pics of it later today.It's a very very beautiful tie, one of my (many) favourites. The silk is quite wet and very very soft and quite thin. The color is about right on the website, but the silk is rather lustrous, so it looks lighter or darker depending on how the light hits it, very "alive" in a way. Mine is in 6-fold, and it drapes beautifully. It knots quite small though, probably the...
No kidding, I was just going to get a few ties, one or two.That was a little over a year ago, I've thrown out every single non-hober tie I have, and the hober collection is now somewhere in the 20s. (and with ever order I make the wishlist seems to grown rather than shrink)
Well it's a good thing a Gentlemen Fashion Guru stopped by, or we wouldn't know what the fuck to do.... Are those pictures supposed to be an example of a blazer done right? First of all that's not a blazer, it's a sports jacket, and secondly it's one of the ugliest things I've yet seen. Seriously, what's the point of this? Edit: Clicked the link, obviously this is a troll attempt and not a particularly subtle one either. Got me good though.
Diamond weave was my first thought, along with the solid madder and the twill, but the color doesn't seem to exist in madder or twill, and the diamond weave, while the actual diamonds are the right color, has black around it, which makes me think the tie itself would turn more of a deeper ferrari red, or a vermillion/crimson, rather than a bright vibrant red. I could be overestimating the effect of the black on the finished tie, and it could well be that the shine from the...
At the risk of becoming a social outcast, I'm considering a bright red and/or yellow tie. I feel confident PinkPanther will have my back, but the rest of you I don't know. Hopefully you'll find a way to cope. I guess I've been watching too many movies/shows about the Napoleonic wars lately, because I'm craving strong color. I've been listening to "Over the hills and far away" from Sharpe, and every time I hear the line "Then fall in lads, behind the drum. With colors...
Living in Norway, my experience has been that DHL/UPS/FedEx will always charge you import fees for the simple reason that (here at least) they're allowed to charge a commission as a % of the duties collected. So no matter what you order they will charge you duties, and this holds for ties.I've tried sending through regular snailmail once, resulting in the customs office withholding the parcel pending my consent to open it for verification and duties. (obviously I...
After spending literally 4+ months in transit, crossing the world 3 times, these beauties finally arrived. It'd been so long I actually got a few surprises when I opened the box as I'd forgotten a few of the details of the order, but I couldn't be happier about these babies. Colors are a bit off due to bright morning light, so the burgundy tie is darker and browner in real life, in the pics it looks like it's bordering on purple, but it's more like oxblood in real life,...
$210 and they've got one left. (go go go)http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-printed-silk-scarves/macclesfield-madder-silk-scarf-10.htmlI agree with you that the first one looks better, on it's own at least. I have the pocket square in the same fabric and was contemplating a silk scarf, so I was holding it up while wearing my navy overcoat to see how it'd work. I thought the first one was too flamboyant, but then I noticed that the backside of the PS looked fantastic on...
Yeah, the trouble is I only have a cellphone camera, so I know I can't really do the silk justice. It's beautiful in any light, but where it really excels is when you see it in lower light conditions and you get close, and you see the luster and vibrancy of the colors even in low light. I'm sure someone with a real camera can capture this much more beautifully than I can ever hope to, but I snapped a few pics that give an indication.Both scarves are actually made from the...