or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I was planning on just getting a tie rack, but as stuff on amazon is outrageously expensive, I figure I might just get it from Kirby Allison and get some suit/coat hangers since I'm paying the $50 in shipping anyways and it doesn't seem to increase even if I add more stuff. So.... I wear 44 long (from Ede&Ravenscroft if that makes a difference,and I was planning on getting a few suit hangers and a hanger of my overcoat. Kirby recommends 17 inch hangers for jackets up to...
+1, that charcoal/silver is absolutely gorgeous. Especially in that photo with bright light and some blues tones around it.
I need a better way of organizing ties now that the Sam Hober appreciation thread has done it's damage. I looked into Kirby Allison's stuff and it looks great, but I'm not paying $50 in shipping for a $24 item. And I'm certainly not paying the $130 for UPS or whatever. So, does anyone know of any place that sells good stuff at reasonable prices and ships in Europe without taking an arm and a leg? I live in Norway specifically, if that makes any difference. What I need...
I have to say that in terms of comfort and simply joy of wearing, my favourite shirt ever is the most expensive one I've got which is from T&A. The first runner up is the cheapest one I've ever bought which is from TM Lewin. For those who want the ultimate in craftsmanship and artistry I'm not going to argue for or against TM Lewin, but my experience with this shirt is that it is amazingly comfortable, easy to iron and just a joy to wear. It's in a very soft thin...
Ding ding ding ding
I know, right? Plaids can really be quite fantastic. The funny thing is that when I saw it online, I initially thought it was sort of ugly, but then figured out that it might work. Then when the package arrived and I opened it, seeing the tie on it's own laying flat on my desk I literally cringed, but when pairing it with some nice blues and something that picks up the gold, it's absolutely amazing. I've had a lot of luck with David's plaids going for things I'm not sure...
As promised, evidence of package delivered Honestly though, these pictures don't do them justice. Taken with my smartphone in my bathroom at nighttime with the "fantastic" lighting that entails. Needless to say the colors are richer and deeper in real life. Plaid silk necktie #13, 6-fold construction For extra bonus points you can have a guess at where I got the pocket square This one looks like a flat black, but it's actually a midnight blue. Grenadine fina in 6-fold...
That depends, do I get royalties?You can send me a tie for every 3 of mine you copy and we'll call it even.EDIT:Actually, from looking at the pictures of your collection in this thread, I might end up owing you some ties.
Also, The eagle has landed It brought 3 you-know-whats Photographic verification to follow
Navy you can't really go wrong, but gray can easily be a trap. If the red is a true red (as in fire-engine type stuff), the grey absolutely has to be dark, almost approaching charcoal. If the suit is mid to lighter grey, burgundy will work wonderfully. But a mid to light grey suit with a bright red tie is one of the worst things there is in my opinion.I think I'd say that you need as much darkness (or lightness) in the tie as you have lightness in the suit. So bright fire...