or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I don't have a faille, but I have a midnight blue in grenadine fina. It's an awesome color, but I have to say that what I like about it isn't that it's almost black, but rather how it looks when it's obviously not black. Indoors it looks black (though with a blue tint softening it a bit), but where it really shines I think is when you wear it outside in bright daylight, especially in summer. What's so cool about it is that you get a tie that kind of radiates a clear deep...
It's never entirely safe to relax, but it's easier to maintain discipline when you don't have an open order. I get into the mindset that the bigger I make the order the more I save on shipping on a cost per tie basis, so I start adding stuff because it'll be cheaper to add them now than to buy them on a separate order later etc. So one tie becomes three ties and I genuinely believe that I've saved money (lol). So you're right that it's never safe, but the hurdle is...
Alright guys, I took your advice and went with the first one. I crave the second one, but I fully realize how much more wearable the first one is(not to mention congruent with my style/complexion), so I'm pretty sure it's the right choice, but in the spirit of rebellion I'm having it monogrammed with hot-pinkAlso went with the brown version of the italian flower silk, and the black and white houndstooth.That's the trouble with hanging around this forum. I came to post a...
Somehow, I don't think that's a situation we need to worry too much about.
I can't say unequivocally that it's not a problem because I haven't worn mine long enough and hard enough yet to claim that it's stood the test of time with me. It could still happen, and if it did then it would be prematurely, but what I can say is that I haven't seen any kind of problem like that on any one of my ties.If I'm dealing with a loose pattern weave and my nails aren't in good condition, it's possible to catch a thread and pull the thread loose a bit, which...
Hmm... It's pretty much unanimous for the first one then it seems. I asked David before posting here and he picked the first one as well, so I guess the first one is universally more loved. I'm really liking the second one, but in terms of actually wearing it, brown print seems more wearable than white and red, and certainly a better match for my own color-scheme.So unless anyone wants to make a last ditch defense of the second, I guess I'm going with the first.This is...
So you don't disagree that it depends on the silk, or you don't disagree that I'm the tie-equivalent of John Nash stalking pigeons like a lunatic, or both?Either way, good to know there's a receptive audience Alright, so let's throw the third one out as it got no love (I'll edit the last post and remove it so we don't get any confusion). Between these two alternatives that are left, which do you prefer?
Interested in a classical neat print, so looking at some of the macclesfields, but can't seem to decide. The contenders: http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-86.html http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-93.html EDIT: Third one removed due to not getting any love Does anyone have any sage advice for me? This is the trouble with too many good alternatives, crippling indecision.
It depends very much on the qualities of the silk. Like how soft is it, how much friction is there from the texture. Something that's very smooth, thin and soft is going to knot one way (usually small), because the softness and smoothness is going to make the knot easily stay tight because of the crushability of the fabric,while something that has more firmness to it is going to knot much bigger because the fabric is going to resist being compressed unlike a softer fabric....
My go to solution for grease stains is talcum powder (or baking soda) which has done miracles. Managed to get a nice little drop of melted butter onto a light grey tie which created an obvious dark greasestain, but a little treatment of baking soda, first on it's own and then coupled with some steam pulled that thing right out so that I can't even find the spot, despite knowing where to look. Maybe the macclesfield print is different but the madder print is definitely...