or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

Well it's a good thing a Gentlemen Fashion Guru stopped by, or we wouldn't know what the fuck to do.... Are those pictures supposed to be an example of a blazer done right? First of all that's not a blazer, it's a sports jacket, and secondly it's one of the ugliest things I've yet seen. Seriously, what's the point of this? Edit: Clicked the link, obviously this is a troll attempt and not a particularly subtle one either. Got me good though.
Diamond weave was my first thought, along with the solid madder and the twill, but the color doesn't seem to exist in madder or twill, and the diamond weave, while the actual diamonds are the right color, has black around it, which makes me think the tie itself would turn more of a deeper ferrari red, or a vermillion/crimson, rather than a bright vibrant red. I could be overestimating the effect of the black on the finished tie, and it could well be that the shine from the...
At the risk of becoming a social outcast, I'm considering a bright red and/or yellow tie. I feel confident PinkPanther will have my back, but the rest of you I don't know. Hopefully you'll find a way to cope. I guess I've been watching too many movies/shows about the Napoleonic wars lately, because I'm craving strong color. I've been listening to "Over the hills and far away" from Sharpe, and every time I hear the line "Then fall in lads, behind the drum. With colors...
Living in Norway, my experience has been that DHL/UPS/FedEx will always charge you import fees for the simple reason that (here at least) they're allowed to charge a commission as a % of the duties collected. So no matter what you order they will charge you duties, and this holds for ties.I've tried sending through regular snailmail once, resulting in the customs office withholding the parcel pending my consent to open it for verification and duties. (obviously I...
After spending literally 4+ months in transit, crossing the world 3 times, these beauties finally arrived. It'd been so long I actually got a few surprises when I opened the box as I'd forgotten a few of the details of the order, but I couldn't be happier about these babies. Colors are a bit off due to bright morning light, so the burgundy tie is darker and browner in real life, in the pics it looks like it's bordering on purple, but it's more like oxblood in real life,...
$210 and they've got one left. (go go go)http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-printed-silk-scarves/macclesfield-madder-silk-scarf-10.htmlI agree with you that the first one looks better, on it's own at least. I have the pocket square in the same fabric and was contemplating a silk scarf, so I was holding it up while wearing my navy overcoat to see how it'd work. I thought the first one was too flamboyant, but then I noticed that the backside of the PS looked fantastic on...
Yeah, the trouble is I only have a cellphone camera, so I know I can't really do the silk justice. It's beautiful in any light, but where it really excels is when you see it in lower light conditions and you get close, and you see the luster and vibrancy of the colors even in low light. I'm sure someone with a real camera can capture this much more beautifully than I can ever hope to, but I snapped a few pics that give an indication.Both scarves are actually made from the...
This past fall I bought a madder silk scarf from David (and due to a misunderstanding combined with David's excellent customer service, I got an extra one for free). As I live in Norway, David was curious to hear how the scarves held up in the Norwegian winter, so I promised that I'd report back after having worn them in some cold weather. I’m not going to say much about the beauty of these scarves, even though this aspect is an important one and one where they really do...
Well... that's fair enough, but I think you imagine the EPT6 to be more advanced than it is. The thing is that a tie like that will at a distance blend together and just look like solid metalic-looking mid-brown. So it doesn't end up looking "cluttery", but when you get close you see the details on it and it keeps it interesting, which makes it perfect for use in very very simple combinations that might otherwise become a touch boring. So from afar you get that simplistic...
Ah yes, the good ol' "iffy fiance" excuse to buy an extra tie.Don't worry buddy, we support you.But as others have said, the houndstooth is more formal and will look better in pictures looking back, and if it's a color that looks good on you, it's great to have two distinctly different variants in the same general color-scheme.