or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del Another moronic q, where can I find a tie like this ? Bigger dots than pin dots but smaller than churchill I recently bought a tie at New&Lingwood that is pretty much exactly what you seem to be looking for. The dots are woven, rather than printed, and if I remember correctly it was either £45 or £55. The design is close to identical to the first picture in terms of colouring, and dot size. Only...
Regarding formality, a captoe oxford is about the second most formal shoe there is, the plaintoe oxford being the most formal. If you need formal, black captoe/plaintoe is the thing to go for, but I think it's relatively unproblematic to have a "formal" design in a less formal colour. The formality is a question of austerity, as a formal occation makes elaborations and indulgances such as open lacing, broguing or wingcaps inappropriate, but that doesn't mean these...
Quote: Originally Posted by dieselman89 +1. A lot of people on here are fashion divas and will find that once in a lifetime deal. Hugo does a solid job, yes they are a bit overpriced but they are gorgeous looking suits although they may not be the best quality. But let's be honest $500 is not that much to spend on a suit if you wear a suit to work daily. 500 is not that much to spend, but it is more than 250, which is what I think the quality...
Quote: Originally Posted by jmix1 It's the name. Which would you rather own if you were an uninformed suit buyer. Hickey Freeman or Hugo Boss. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP:...
The mesh shirt and then an outerlayer, or just the mesh shirt? The warmth of the mesh shirt lies in the pockets of air, but these are contingent on there being something on top of it to keep them locked in. If you wear one of the garments that just a mesh rather then mesh and merino and you wear it without anything on top, I don't see how this could be any warmer than wearing a fishnet. If you meant it would be too warm to have mesh with merino as a mid layer with an...
Quote: Originally Posted by afc345 I think it's some sort of wool mixed with a material I don't remember the name of to make it flame resistant. Anyway, it's the shit. Wore it on a ski march that lasted for five days straight, kept me perfectly tempered all the way. Nothing but that under gore-tex outer, plus backpack and winter camo.The good thing about it that it doesn't become cold or wet when you are stopping for a break or whatever, it stays...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraiche Isn't there one already involving the pocket square? Yeah I seem to remember something about a pocket square as well. Giving someone a nod, and after they nod back you readjust your pocket-square, or something of the sort. If there actually is an official one, would someone mind PMing it to me?
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff And nobody on here is stupid enough to test the properties of those materials in such cases. I have cashmere, I have alpaca, I don't run marathons with that stuff right next to my skin. It would be stupid, requiring lots of time and effort to handwash stuff if I did that regularly, or plenty of cash taking them to the cleaners so they can have their lifespan shortened. Stuff like this is what synthetics are...
Quote: Originally Posted by BH1 Let me answer your question with another question. Do you really think Style Forvm, which is about classic mens clothing, is the right place to ask a question about athletic wear? Well.. he's not asking about atheletic wear. He's simply asking about the properties of various fabrics that are used much more often in classic mens clothing than they are in athletic wear. If he was aking which brand makes...
In my mind it's more important to match the lapel type to the breast type, ie as far as I'm concerned single breasted should be notch lapel and double breated should be peak lapel. (some champion single breasted with peak lapels as acceptable, but I am not one of those) To answer your question, no I would have no problem wearing a single breated notch lapeled suit and a doublebreasted peak lapeled overcoat..