or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

That's really nice Andrey, you must be quite proud of that.Also Ich Dien, that's just gorgeous...I get what you mean about a tone of brown showing off the quality better because it displays the leather in all its glory, but at the same time I think there's something very powerful about perfection... Black about as un-ostentatious as you can get, but there is something wonderful about austere beauty that is quality black leather. It's more subtle and can certainly be...
Never heard about them, but from the looks of it they have great stuff. Some really nice ones there. Have you just heard about them or do you have personal experience with their products?By the way I can't find anything on their site, but do you know if they have a shop somewhere? Or do you know of any shops that carry their merchandise? Or is it stricktly internet/phone/whatever based?Also (and this is for everyone), they do wallets in both calf and bridle leather. Can...
The one I'm looking at is the Yen breast wallet . Which one do you have? Which colour do you have it in? I'm leaning towards black, but I can imagine london tan will get a beautiful patina over time, so a bit conflicted there. How long have you had yours? Got any pictures?
Good evening, I'm looking for a new wallet as my current one seems to be falling to pieces. I'm interested in Swaine Adeney & Brigg as they're known for quality leather products (though I suppose that's mainly briefcases and luggage), and I also have a Brigg umbrella I'm very happy with. They're not the cheapest, but from my understanding you pay for craftsmanship rather than a big markup for the label. What I was wondering is if anyone who's had their small leather...
That's awesome, thanks for the answers and thanks for the link, some great stuff there. I'm relieved to see that the selection of shirts that can be worn with tweed is so wide, and bengal-stripes look great with it apparently, not sure I'd have thought of that on my own right away.A few more questions though. Concerning tweed suits, should they be 3-piece, or is it fine to wear them as 2 piece? Most pictures I've seen of "tweed done right" in the traditional way has been...
Yeah, that tends to go over really great with the bride. Especially the last sentence.
Good evening, gents I haven't had any tweed before, but I think it's about time I start wearing it, so I have a few questions. Firstly, how is wearing the different pieces of a tweed suit separately viewed? A business suit with pinstripes for example I'd never wear as anything but the complete suit, but plenty of people seem to wear tweed jackets that are a part of a suit as sportscoats. Is this one of those things people do but shouldn't, or is it perfectly acceptable?...
SF is very handy for specific questions regarding a choices between specific fabrics in specific weights for a given garment, but I'm looking for a comprehensive site with the info structured so that I can build my general knowledge on fabrics and materials. If I'm going to ask for each thing, I wouldn't have enough hours in the day for anything else. With all the obsessed clothing enthusiasts out there, there has to be a "wiki-fabrics" site out there, right?
Good evening, gentlemen I'm looking for a good site with information about fabrics. Ideally somewhere with info about the raw materials (merino v mohair etc), the different weaves (worsted flannel v poplin v tropical worsted etc) and the different properties(warmth, durability, breathability) of the material/weave combos as well as the appropriate use of each (casual v formal). And of course, very interested in information on the effects of quality differences (lengths...
I don't know why, but I just love seeing a good old fashioned tailoring experiences in films. The ones I can think of are The Thomas Crown Affair, The Tailor of Panama (duh), Wall Street 2, one of the Hornblower episodes/films, That scene in Ladies in Lavender (even if it's not bespoke, I quite liked it), as well as an episode of Poirot. Oh and also, The Avengers. Anyone else have any other films to recommend me in which the protagonist has an enjoyable tailoring...