or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I would be very surprised if jimmy went back to being nucky's employee, but the fight over atlantic city will be between the commodore and nucky and I think jimmy will have to pick who to side with when this intensifies. He's probably strike out on his own, but he will have to declare his support for one of them. But yeah jimmy is too bad-ass to go back to being an employee, love how he killed those two guys after the cardgame.
Heh yeah, fuckin Doyle... Am I the only one who's been hoping and praying for his murder since the first episode of season 1?Yeah nelson is kind of interesting, definitely a lot of conflict between what he feels and what he thinks he should feel.Whether jimmy turns back to nucky or not I don't know, but I think they're probably going to play the angle of him considering it. He seemed conflicted in the last episode, so whether he lands with the commodore or nucky, they're...
Right, and if I can be certain that is going to happen, I will happily buy gloves at almost any price... I'm just tired of finding them turn to shit so quickly. Have you had gloves that have gone sour in addition to the chester jefferies ones that didn't? If so, what were the differences between them? Is it a question of leather quality? Leather thickness? Animal which the leather is made from? Dying for some tips here.
Well, it's not that obvious in the left picture, because the most obvious telltale sign of a jacket that is too short is when you see that the jacket ends where the hips are widest. In the left picture your hands are covering that area, so you don't actually see the transition, but if you just compare the height of the inseam to the end of the jacket front, something is definitly wrong. Master classter, I never look at the bottom button myself, I look at where the top...
I thought both the jacket and the shirt sleeves seemed fine. Definitly not too long in my opinion. If anything I'd want to do something about the watch-hand which is your right hand and the left one on the picture as the watch is clearly preventing the shirt from dropping down to where it in my opinion should be, at the base of your thumb. A larger cuff would be the solution here, or if you've buttoned it tighter than necessary, button it one notch out. Of course I happen...
I'm not talking about mild wrinkling and creases in the high-stress areas... I'm talking about it going from 17 year old vegan chick to 90 year old chainsmoking hag in a matter of months. Stretching, complete loss of suppleness and just extreme wrinkling all over the place. I have a pair of zegna gloves that are especially bad, and that happened fast as hell. Lost their shape and the leather just looks horrible to my eyes. The one exception are a pair of corneliani gloves...
They're obviously moleskin when you look at them knowing what you're looking at, but quite frankly I took them to be jeans as well before reading otherwise. In any case, I'm also considering chester jefferies gloves. Thinking of doing one or two pairs of unlined gloves in the oxford style, brown and black, as well as a pair of black "city gents" with fur or lamb lining in buffed hogskin. Quite frankly though, I'm concerned about how the leather is going to hold up. I just...
I had a look at both SAB and Foster&Son today, and foster is definitely what you're looking for. It has interior made from the same form of bridle leather as the exterior, and it's nice and "rubbery" for lack of a better word, so you can really feel that it's nice and thick and stuffed with all the nice waxes that make bridle leather what it is. Unfortunately for me, my trip was pretty unproductive, asside from confiriming my suspicion that foster&son is superior to...
Yep, I was more taken with the Ettinger in the Ettinger v Launer comparison... Will have a look at Foster&Son and SAB too when I get a chance, so hopefully I will have the Ettinger fresh in mind so I can see how the two others compare to the current champion.
Great thread, much needed.