or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I'm not talking about mild wrinkling and creases in the high-stress areas... I'm talking about it going from 17 year old vegan chick to 90 year old chainsmoking hag in a matter of months. Stretching, complete loss of suppleness and just extreme wrinkling all over the place. I have a pair of zegna gloves that are especially bad, and that happened fast as hell. Lost their shape and the leather just looks horrible to my eyes. The one exception are a pair of corneliani gloves...
They're obviously moleskin when you look at them knowing what you're looking at, but quite frankly I took them to be jeans as well before reading otherwise. In any case, I'm also considering chester jefferies gloves. Thinking of doing one or two pairs of unlined gloves in the oxford style, brown and black, as well as a pair of black "city gents" with fur or lamb lining in buffed hogskin. Quite frankly though, I'm concerned about how the leather is going to hold up. I just...
I had a look at both SAB and Foster&Son today, and foster is definitely what you're looking for. It has interior made from the same form of bridle leather as the exterior, and it's nice and "rubbery" for lack of a better word, so you can really feel that it's nice and thick and stuffed with all the nice waxes that make bridle leather what it is. Unfortunately for me, my trip was pretty unproductive, asside from confiriming my suspicion that foster&son is superior to...
Yep, I was more taken with the Ettinger in the Ettinger v Launer comparison... Will have a look at Foster&Son and SAB too when I get a chance, so hopefully I will have the Ettinger fresh in mind so I can see how the two others compare to the current champion.
Great thread, much needed.
No idea with regards to Aspinal, but I did stop by Fortnum & Mason today and had a look at Ettinger and Launer. I have to say I preferred Ettinger, but to be fair the selection of Launer was rather poor and while they did have the model of Ettinger I'm considering, they did not have the Launer I'm interested in, so it wasn't an apples to apples comparison. I thought the leather of the Ettinger was much nicer, but then I am a fan of bridle, and I'm not sure if any of the...
That's really nice Andrey, you must be quite proud of that.Also Ich Dien, that's just gorgeous...I get what you mean about a tone of brown showing off the quality better because it displays the leather in all its glory, but at the same time I think there's something very powerful about perfection... Black about as un-ostentatious as you can get, but there is something wonderful about austere beauty that is quality black leather. It's more subtle and can certainly be...
Never heard about them, but from the looks of it they have great stuff. Some really nice ones there. Have you just heard about them or do you have personal experience with their products?By the way I can't find anything on their site, but do you know if they have a shop somewhere? Or do you know of any shops that carry their merchandise? Or is it stricktly internet/phone/whatever based?Also (and this is for everyone), they do wallets in both calf and bridle leather. Can...
The one I'm looking at is the Yen breast wallet . Which one do you have? Which colour do you have it in? I'm leaning towards black, but I can imagine london tan will get a beautiful patina over time, so a bit conflicted there. How long have you had yours? Got any pictures?
Good evening, I'm looking for a new wallet as my current one seems to be falling to pieces. I'm interested in Swaine Adeney & Brigg as they're known for quality leather products (though I suppose that's mainly briefcases and luggage), and I also have a Brigg umbrella I'm very happy with. They're not the cheapest, but from my understanding you pay for craftsmanship rather than a big markup for the label. What I was wondering is if anyone who's had their small leather...