or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I can't say unequivocally that it's not a problem because I haven't worn mine long enough and hard enough yet to claim that it's stood the test of time with me. It could still happen, and if it did then it would be prematurely, but what I can say is that I haven't seen any kind of problem like that on any one of my ties.If I'm dealing with a loose pattern weave and my nails aren't in good condition, it's possible to catch a thread and pull the thread loose a bit, which...
Hmm... It's pretty much unanimous for the first one then it seems. I asked David before posting here and he picked the first one as well, so I guess the first one is universally more loved. I'm really liking the second one, but in terms of actually wearing it, brown print seems more wearable than white and red, and certainly a better match for my own color-scheme.So unless anyone wants to make a last ditch defense of the second, I guess I'm going with the first.This is...
So you don't disagree that it depends on the silk, or you don't disagree that I'm the tie-equivalent of John Nash stalking pigeons like a lunatic, or both?Either way, good to know there's a receptive audience Alright, so let's throw the third one out as it got no love (I'll edit the last post and remove it so we don't get any confusion). Between these two alternatives that are left, which do you prefer?
Interested in a classical neat print, so looking at some of the macclesfields, but can't seem to decide. The contenders: http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-86.html http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-93.html EDIT: Third one removed due to not getting any love Does anyone have any sage advice for me? This is the trouble with too many good alternatives, crippling indecision.
It depends very much on the qualities of the silk. Like how soft is it, how much friction is there from the texture. Something that's very smooth, thin and soft is going to knot one way (usually small), because the softness and smoothness is going to make the knot easily stay tight because of the crushability of the fabric,while something that has more firmness to it is going to knot much bigger because the fabric is going to resist being compressed unlike a softer fabric....
My go to solution for grease stains is talcum powder (or baking soda) which has done miracles. Managed to get a nice little drop of melted butter onto a light grey tie which created an obvious dark greasestain, but a little treatment of baking soda, first on it's own and then coupled with some steam pulled that thing right out so that I can't even find the spot, despite knowing where to look. Maybe the macclesfield print is different but the madder print is definitely...
This tie is 67*3.85 and with lined 6-fold construction (so you can judge the knot size), and in terms of colors it's pretty accurate, although they do look a bit flatter in the pic than in real life.
Yup, I got it. It's rolled up on my desk because I wore it yesterday. I'll snap a few pics of it later today.It's a very very beautiful tie, one of my (many) favourites. The silk is quite wet and very very soft and quite thin. The color is about right on the website, but the silk is rather lustrous, so it looks lighter or darker depending on how the light hits it, very "alive" in a way. Mine is in 6-fold, and it drapes beautifully. It knots quite small though, probably the...
No kidding, I was just going to get a few ties, one or two.That was a little over a year ago, I've thrown out every single non-hober tie I have, and the hober collection is now somewhere in the 20s. (and with ever order I make the wishlist seems to grown rather than shrink)
Well it's a good thing a Gentlemen Fashion Guru stopped by, or we wouldn't know what the fuck to do.... Are those pictures supposed to be an example of a blazer done right? First of all that's not a blazer, it's a sports jacket, and secondly it's one of the ugliest things I've yet seen. Seriously, what's the point of this? Edit: Clicked the link, obviously this is a troll attempt and not a particularly subtle one either. Got me good though.