or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

Nice choices, eagerly awaiting the one on the left which will be my first striped as well. Though of course, mine has the stripes running in the other direction. But I did very much consider the other one as well, and they are both excellent, so very solid choices I think.
pretty sure it is. The color has to as the striped has a midnight blue background, and the solid is at least as dark as this one. As for fina, I think it is, but it could be the other very small weave I suppose.
Rock on, already own the one on the right, and the one on the left will be arriving in the mail in a few days.
If I'd been sober enough to take a picture, I'd have been sober enough to make sure it didn't happen at all. What's tended to happen to me is I'm out with friends drinking, and during the night as I start building up a decent count of scotches I tend to not want to ruin my tie so I take it off. Naturally I don't want to lose it, so I give it to a friend and ask her to put it in her purse for safe keeping. Then afterwards, maybe I'm not sure who I gave it to, and she...
Just strange that it hasn't sold out, because it seems like such an obvious winner to me.
Sweet combo with the diamond weave, love that look, especially in the daytime. Blue shirt and navy suit or white shirt and grey suit, both make that tie really come into it's own. I've never used the tie keeper for as long as I've been ordering hobers. I like for both blades to be swirling around, free and unrestrained. Helps to break up the "groomed" look that one can sometimes get when one pays attention to what one wears, and also I think a bit of chaos there...
Hah, excellent. Has it been sent yet? If it hasn't been finished and sent yet, take a piece of advice from a kindred spirit and have the midnight blue one monogrammed in pale pink. I recently discovered just how great a very very pale pink looks on midnight blue, and if you're getting your monogrammed, I highly recommend this combo. It's not listed on the site, but they have the thread (at least they did not long ago) But it's a superb color, not really pink, more of a...
That's the general character of cashmere though, isn't it? It's distinctive in that it's both extremely dry and very very soft, makes sense that a 50%(ish) tie should take on a lot of those characteristics.On an unrelated note, my addiction is growing more sever, and I just had to add two more to the order.Went with the Royal Blue Diamond Weave......And this one:And one thing I can't understand is how this macclesfield is not sold out. From having followed the macclesfield...
Another thing to consider too is that his knot may vary. Being 6'4, and wearing trousers that aren't overly high-rising, I need my tie to reach down far enough. With a "normal" premade tie, this means tying the knot very far up on the tie compared to where the tiemaker meant for it to be tied. Which due to the way a tie tapers (assuming it's not a hipster skinny-tie) means that the knot will also be at a point on the tie that is considerably slimmer than what was intended...
I'm going to take this opportunity to champion my favourite, the burgundy diamond weave. Not really red, but it's my idea of the perfect subtle sophisticated power-tie. Not flashy, just perfect. As for sizing... I'm 6'4 and I order mine 3.85 inches wide and 67 inches long, this is with a 17.5 inch neck, four in hand knot, and the width is what I think looks most proportional to both the length and to my broad shoulders. That being said, I do like both ends to be of...