or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

Must own ties? Depends a little on the use, but if we're talking primarily for business purposes to be worn with a suit, I have a few ideas. If you're wearing mostly navy suits, I think plain navy ties are a mistake. This is heresy around here, but I'm simply not a fan. I do it myself, and it can be done successfully, but I think it's very hard to do right, and most of the time you will look like you tried and failed at matching. In my opinion something has to either...
Well in terms of color, a yellowish tie is not going to be as versatile as say a dark blue one, so the color needs to look allright on you and it needs to be combined with the right things, which albeit not as easy as blue shouldn't be too difficult for a dark sandy color like that.That being said, it should be very versatile in other aspects. As far as sandy yellow-ish goes, it's about as subtle and versatile as yellow gets. The cashmere in it should make it less shiny...
Well.... The blue would be more classic than the brown, especially if you're planning to use it with a grey suit. Nothing wrong with brown tie for grey suit, especially if you have brown hair and the color suits you, but blue is more classic. But either color is fine, and brown looks especially good if you're planning on wearing it with navy as well as grey. Or at least so I think.Regarding the ties in question. The macclesfield 86 on midnight blue base was the first...
Nothing wrong with black ties. And I agree that the suit in the picture would do very well with a black(ish) tie. It'd look good in general, but I also agree that a black tie would tone it down a bit if you're afraid of looking too whimsical due to the purple in it.The only thing I'd say about it is that firstly, I think midnight blue is a better option. For a black to look good, it has to look absolutely as black as can be, and any kind of charcoal-ness to it will detract...
Nice choices, eagerly awaiting the one on the left which will be my first striped as well. Though of course, mine has the stripes running in the other direction. But I did very much consider the other one as well, and they are both excellent, so very solid choices I think.
pretty sure it is. The color has to as the striped has a midnight blue background, and the solid is at least as dark as this one. As for fina, I think it is, but it could be the other very small weave I suppose.
Rock on, already own the one on the right, and the one on the left will be arriving in the mail in a few days.
If I'd been sober enough to take a picture, I'd have been sober enough to make sure it didn't happen at all. What's tended to happen to me is I'm out with friends drinking, and during the night as I start building up a decent count of scotches I tend to not want to ruin my tie so I take it off. Naturally I don't want to lose it, so I give it to a friend and ask her to put it in her purse for safe keeping. Then afterwards, maybe I'm not sure who I gave it to, and she...
Just strange that it hasn't sold out, because it seems like such an obvious winner to me.
Sweet combo with the diamond weave, love that look, especially in the daytime. Blue shirt and navy suit or white shirt and grey suit, both make that tie really come into it's own. I've never used the tie keeper for as long as I've been ordering hobers. I like for both blades to be swirling around, free and unrestrained. Helps to break up the "groomed" look that one can sometimes get when one pays attention to what one wears, and also I think a bit of chaos there...