or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

@Claghorn You're really killing it with the color-combinations in that pic. A navy that's not too dark, but not overly vibrant either and with a bit of texture. And enough patterns in the shirt and tie to make things interesting but subtle enough to make the overall aesthetic clean. Great look, nice balance between creativity and restraint. @pinkpanther So the faille is still quite wet then, compared to the average. I always felt diamond weave to be reasonably wet. As for...
A lot of excellent combinations there gentlemen, bravo.
Yes, you guys are right. Grey jackets can work if they're rough enough, and this one just won't fit into the category of grey that can be pulled off. If I went for it and wore it, I'm sure 99% of people I ran across wouldn't be bothered at all, but it would bother me because I'd come to realize the points you bring out. I already have a grey sportsjacket, but it's very rough wooly looking thing with blue windowpane checks so it works well, but you're right that the one I...
A mirage, well put.... Yeah I know what you mean. It'd just be great if I could make it work as the thing sells for about $100, and my previous experience with the company is their quality and fit are excellent, but perhaps you're right.
It's a 13 ounce worsted, and yes it's the one in the picture (technically the third picture). Not exactly my first pick for a blazer/sports jacket. It's more a question of the fact that their 44long fits me perfectly and they already tend to have excellent value for money at full price, so at 70% off it becomes a steal. Ideally I'd go for something in blue or something with texture and checks, but the pricing just makes it so tempting that I'd like to get it if it can be...
Generally speaking I've been of the notion that blazers/sports jackets should never really be grey, that grey should be reserved for suits and odd trousers, with the exception being tweeds with some other colors mixed into the pattern. Today however I was watching To Catch a Thief, wherein Cary Grant wears (among many excellent outfits) a mid grey 3-button blazer with brass buttons which he pairs with a white shirt and light grey trousers. Up until now I'd never wear...
I don't have a faille, but I have a midnight blue in grenadine fina. It's an awesome color, but I have to say that what I like about it isn't that it's almost black, but rather how it looks when it's obviously not black. Indoors it looks black (though with a blue tint softening it a bit), but where it really shines I think is when you wear it outside in bright daylight, especially in summer. What's so cool about it is that you get a tie that kind of radiates a clear deep...
It's never entirely safe to relax, but it's easier to maintain discipline when you don't have an open order. I get into the mindset that the bigger I make the order the more I save on shipping on a cost per tie basis, so I start adding stuff because it'll be cheaper to add them now than to buy them on a separate order later etc. So one tie becomes three ties and I genuinely believe that I've saved money (lol). So you're right that it's never safe, but the hurdle is...
Alright guys, I took your advice and went with the first one. I crave the second one, but I fully realize how much more wearable the first one is(not to mention congruent with my style/complexion), so I'm pretty sure it's the right choice, but in the spirit of rebellion I'm having it monogrammed with hot-pinkAlso went with the brown version of the italian flower silk, and the black and white houndstooth.That's the trouble with hanging around this forum. I came to post a...
Somehow, I don't think that's a situation we need to worry too much about.