or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

A couple more grenadines. Midnight blue grenadine fina in 6-fold Dark red grenadine fina in 3-fold Dark navy grenadine grossa in 3-fold (2 pics)
I'm 6'4 tall, and a 44/46 long depending on the brand. Naturally muscular with broad shoulders, though lately with a little extra padding. Generally I get all my hobers made to 67 inches long and 3.85 inches wide, for grenadines I take off an inch to account for stretching. I've experimented a bit with different taperings, but it's been quite modest, and generally I think the standard shape is the most well balanced, and at 67 long and 3.85 I think the standard shape...
The first one, the blue plaid tie was among the plaid silk tie category. In fact, you might notice that it's the exact one who's picture appears as the icon for the Plaid Silk Tie category on the main page still. If I remember correctly, I got the last one about a year ago, and I haven't seen it there since so I think the chances are very slim that it's getting restocked (which is a shame because it's awesome).The grey one is a wool tie, and which category it was in I have...
Just posted some pictures, nr. 8 is the grenadine pindot "funeral tie" I was talking about, nr 1 is the charcoal one I mentioned as an option, but in my mind it's a bit too glossy and too light colored to be ideal.Well it gets a different name, several in fact depending on whether you put the big blade through both loops or just the outer one, but whether or not it's still a four in hand, does it matter? A rose by any other name... you know?Sure I know what you mean, but...
As I seem to have gotten into the habit of reposting my old pics for various reasons, here's some "fresh content" of previously unphotographed ties (by me that is). The shirt collar is a bit too narrow and awkward to really do the ties justice, but you get a general idea. These were all taken in a dark room with flash on a cell-phone camera, so unfortunately the colors are all a bit washed out and generally brighter. In real life they are all darker and...
Right... Well, I have no idea how you're managing to adjust the length by pulling the big blade and tighten the knot using the small blade if you're tying a four-in-hand, but personally what I tend to do is tighten the knot to where it's nice and firm.One thing that is rather important that I'm not sure if anyone's asked is what the length difference is between the big and the small blade is when you tie it? If the big blade is considerably longer than the little blade,...
Well, my opinion as a guy who doesn't own any of them, but who's seen the fabric in samples is that they're awesome, and if I had seen the samples sooner, I probably would own quite a few. I'll probably be getting a few anyway, one of the grey ones and one of the bronze'y ones as well.I can't comment on how they knot or how they drape (though from the feel of the fabric I'd expect they form a nice knot that stays in place very well.), but the fabric itself seems very nice....
I don't specify anything really... There are a few components that determine knot size, most notably the thickness of the tie (and crushability of the materials) and the width at the knotting area. The thicker or wider it is, the more fabric will be stuffed inside the knot and the bigger it will be, and if it's not very crushable, that helps too.I'm not sure if I'm counted among those with big and luxurious knots, but some of them at least tend to get decent size.My ties...
Well... I have the white on midnight bue grenadine fina dot tie (currently out of stock). This blends to a nice charcoal at distance and is interesting and elegant up close, but in an extremely sober way, so you look elegant but in a very non-ostentatious way. The design effect (if not production method) is almost identical to a non-grenadine tie I bought in one of the Jermyn street/ savile row shops in london some years ago, which the shopkeeper specifically described as...
There's a category called "construction options" or some such thing. In here you have all the different options, like extra length, extra width and various constructions, bartacks etc etc.Choose the appropriate things from this category, add them to your basket alongside your tie, then specify in the comments section how you want the tie made (assuming you've chosen the right stuff).So for me, if I want a tie I add the tie, then I add extra length, 6-fold construction and...