or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

The pictures aren't too great, and the colors I'm sure are a bit off, but as this is a black and white tie I think they still give a reasonable idea of how the tie looks in real life. And I'm 90% sure that this tie is identical and from the same weaving as the one currently sold.
Good choice on the POW, think you'll be happy with it. It's way nicer in person than the photo suggests (or at least it's brown brother is, I'm assuming this applies to equally to both).Yeah, the picture I posted is not necessarily representative though because I got mine from a previous iteration. The one I have is very very soft, softer than the other houndstooths I have, whereas from what I understand the current one is stiffer than most of the others.In case you don't...
The striped grenadine is amazing, you'll love it for sure. I'm actually wearing it as we speak, and it's really something. Which prince of wales did you go with, the first one? And to the person asking about the favourite silver/grey tie. For my money it's the black and white houndstooth without a doubt. It's absolutely perfect in every way, the use is somewhat limited as it's too shiny for use with odd jackets or blazers, but with suits at an appropriate occasion,...
Regarding the burgundy satin: I am also very hesitant to wear shiny solid ties, and this is precisely why I think the english satin deserves more credit than it gets. The thing about this weave is that while it is made in a lustrous fabric and the weave is smooth enough to reflect most of the light, the fact that it's kind of course (by satin standards that is) means that the light is broken up and scattered when reflected. So instead of getting that "shiny tie" look you...
I don't mean informal in the sense that it's inappropriate for formal occasions, but rather that it's also appropriate for less formal occasions/outfits. When I say it's overrated with a suit I dont' mean that there's anything wrong with wearing it with a suit, but rather that the great strength of grenadine, which in my opinion is its versatility, is somewhat wasted if you're only going to be wearing them with suits. If you want an alround tie for all occasions and to be...
Must own ties? Depends a little on the use, but if we're talking primarily for business purposes to be worn with a suit, I have a few ideas. If you're wearing mostly navy suits, I think plain navy ties are a mistake. This is heresy around here, but I'm simply not a fan. I do it myself, and it can be done successfully, but I think it's very hard to do right, and most of the time you will look like you tried and failed at matching. In my opinion something has to either...
Well in terms of color, a yellowish tie is not going to be as versatile as say a dark blue one, so the color needs to look allright on you and it needs to be combined with the right things, which albeit not as easy as blue shouldn't be too difficult for a dark sandy color like that.That being said, it should be very versatile in other aspects. As far as sandy yellow-ish goes, it's about as subtle and versatile as yellow gets. The cashmere in it should make it less shiny...
Well.... The blue would be more classic than the brown, especially if you're planning to use it with a grey suit. Nothing wrong with brown tie for grey suit, especially if you have brown hair and the color suits you, but blue is more classic. But either color is fine, and brown looks especially good if you're planning on wearing it with navy as well as grey. Or at least so I think.Regarding the ties in question. The macclesfield 86 on midnight blue base was the first...
Nothing wrong with black ties. And I agree that the suit in the picture would do very well with a black(ish) tie. It'd look good in general, but I also agree that a black tie would tone it down a bit if you're afraid of looking too whimsical due to the purple in it.The only thing I'd say about it is that firstly, I think midnight blue is a better option. For a black to look good, it has to look absolutely as black as can be, and any kind of charcoal-ness to it will detract...
Nice choices, eagerly awaiting the one on the left which will be my first striped as well. Though of course, mine has the stripes running in the other direction. But I did very much consider the other one as well, and they are both excellent, so very solid choices I think.