or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

I have it and I have to say I wish I'd gone with the darker shade. That being said, David isn't underemphasizing it by saying "lighter than some prefer" because it's definitely not too light to be called a navy. It's most decidedly a navy tie and not close to being anything else, but I personally think the darker shades suit me better. What's too light for you is difficult to make a judgment call on for someone else. If you tend to prefer richer navies or you dont tend to...
It might just be my favourite tie (though I do say that about several). If you haven't already seen it, I've posted some pics of it, and it really is a fantastic tie. Different tastes will dictate different ties, but if this is to your taste then it's certainly a fantastic tie, and very wedding-appropriate as well. [[SPOILER]]
They do custom-size everything, so I'd be very shocked if that doesn't apply to pocket squares. You might be asked to pay extra though, if you either want it very big, or you simply want it bigger than the design is meant to be, for example the map / paintings and you want it so big that it cuts into the next map/painting and they won't be able to sell it.Aside from that though, I would be surprised if you have an issues as it's all handmade from rolls of silk.My general...
Usually pretty quick. Swatches are quick to cut, so they usually let you "skip" in line as it doesn't make sense to have you wait 10 days in line for work that'd only take one worker 5 minutes to do anyways. I guess it will depend on how busy they are etc, but usually this is how it happens.The swatches were probably cut and shipped a few days after you ordered. Sometimes they'll give a notification for swatches, and sometimes not. Shipping is typically a few weeks for...
I'm afraid you probably did. For a definite answer you have to ask David, but the general policy with regards to macclesfield prints and many of the other patterns is that they tend to add them in waves where each new wave of patterns will be a "fresh batch" of previously previously unseen patterns. There are a few classics that get redone, often with some small changes (blue houndstooth for example, and I'd think the macclesfield dot prints too), but with some exceptions...
I'll see if I can take another pic of it one of these days....The color of the fabric is in itself quite dark, but due to the shinyness of the weave, it has a lot of color play to it. It's definitely not a flat or bright brown, it's a deep and warm chocolate color that will seem bright when the light hits it and gets relfected to the eye, and very dark when the light reflects away. My picture is a bit too dark I think, and a bit too blue-tinged (though there is blue in...
A couple more grenadines. Midnight blue grenadine fina in 6-fold Dark red grenadine fina in 3-fold Dark navy grenadine grossa in 3-fold (2 pics)
I'm 6'4 tall, and a 44/46 long depending on the brand. Naturally muscular with broad shoulders, though lately with a little extra padding. Generally I get all my hobers made to 67 inches long and 3.85 inches wide, for grenadines I take off an inch to account for stretching. I've experimented a bit with different taperings, but it's been quite modest, and generally I think the standard shape is the most well balanced, and at 67 long and 3.85 I think the standard shape...
The first one, the blue plaid tie was among the plaid silk tie category. In fact, you might notice that it's the exact one who's picture appears as the icon for the Plaid Silk Tie category on the main page still. If I remember correctly, I got the last one about a year ago, and I haven't seen it there since so I think the chances are very slim that it's getting restocked (which is a shame because it's awesome).The grey one is a wool tie, and which category it was in I have...
Just posted some pictures, nr. 8 is the grenadine pindot "funeral tie" I was talking about, nr 1 is the charcoal one I mentioned as an option, but in my mind it's a bit too glossy and too light colored to be ideal.Well it gets a different name, several in fact depending on whether you put the big blade through both loops or just the outer one, but whether or not it's still a four in hand, does it matter? A rose by any other name... you know?Sure I know what you mean, but...