or Connect

Posts by The Silverfox

No not really, what you're doing when going from 3 fold to 6 fold is you're basically adding a bunch of silk while reducing the thickness of the interlining, so it depends on the character of the silk. Generally speaking the interlining is relatively light, medium thickness and medium stiffness, with a sort of springiness that wants to go back to it's shape. Most silk tends to be denser than the interlining, so expect it to get heavier, most silks tend to be softer than...
I recommend you get the fina tie anyways and use it for other suits, it's a fantastic tie. It doesnt show in the pictures, but the white stripe in it is extremely bright and shiny, so when you wear it the stripe really pops out, which gives it a very very crisp look when combined with a dark formal suit with a white shirt and maybe a white pocket square too. Yeah, casual suit was the impression I got from the pic, looks like a non-formal lighter blue with some grey in it...
Firstly, I have the striped one and it's an excellent tie.As for how it'd go with the windowpane suit... That depends on how prominent the pattern is and how brightly the check "pops" which is a bit hard to tell from the picture. The white stripes in the tie are very crisp and pop out strongly, so if the suit is more of a mellow light grey it might be fine, but in general I'd say a contrasting windowpane is enough of an interesting pattern for one outfit, you might be able...
Well... The first consideration is always the style of the fabric. I look at the tie and I try to figure if it either fills a gap in my collection, or if it's another slightly different version of something I already love. If it's neither of those two things, I have no need for it.Concerning construcition I always go for 6-fold. Mainly because I like my knots tight and for them to stay tight and the added weight and softness of the 6-fold helps with this, I also very much...
I would suppose it has something to do with the tightness of the knot. If you like a loose knot I don't think there will be much difference, but if you, like me, prefer to tie the knot rather tight, there will be a difference in the amount of material in the knot, so to me a 6-fold feels more solid while big, whereas with a 4-fold (or 3-fold) it will either be smaller with equal density or the same size but airier. If you were tying it tight yesterday, which is plausible...
As someone already mentioned, the dark red solid grenadines are a great thing. They are not a flashy red by any means, so in that sense they are much more low-key than many of the more vulgar types of red tie, they're muted in both color and sheen, but they are still clearly red( though they couldnt be much darker without slipping from red to wine). So they're red ties without being "look at me" ties. If the look at me shades of red are what you're after that's fine of...
I have it and I have to say I wish I'd gone with the darker shade. That being said, David isn't underemphasizing it by saying "lighter than some prefer" because it's definitely not too light to be called a navy. It's most decidedly a navy tie and not close to being anything else, but I personally think the darker shades suit me better. What's too light for you is difficult to make a judgment call on for someone else. If you tend to prefer richer navies or you dont tend to...
It might just be my favourite tie (though I do say that about several). If you haven't already seen it, I've posted some pics of it, and it really is a fantastic tie. Different tastes will dictate different ties, but if this is to your taste then it's certainly a fantastic tie, and very wedding-appropriate as well. [[SPOILER]]
They do custom-size everything, so I'd be very shocked if that doesn't apply to pocket squares. You might be asked to pay extra though, if you either want it very big, or you simply want it bigger than the design is meant to be, for example the map / paintings and you want it so big that it cuts into the next map/painting and they won't be able to sell it.Aside from that though, I would be surprised if you have an issues as it's all handmade from rolls of silk.My general...
Usually pretty quick. Swatches are quick to cut, so they usually let you "skip" in line as it doesn't make sense to have you wait 10 days in line for work that'd only take one worker 5 minutes to do anyways. I guess it will depend on how busy they are etc, but usually this is how it happens.The swatches were probably cut and shipped a few days after you ordered. Sometimes they'll give a notification for swatches, and sometimes not. Shipping is typically a few weeks for...