or Connect

Posts by jay-ninja

I recently bought a jacket from Chequered Flag, they are currently selling a black Trialmaster style jacket on ebay at a very reasonable £89. Here's my quick review; I wasn't sure what to expect for this price tag - But actually the jacket is really nice. It's a heavyweight 12 Oz wax cotton with a check lining that's exactly the same pattern as my Barbour International. The fit is good - not tailored but equally not too baggy. It has all the features you'd expect from...
I have a bit of a penchant for wax cotton jackets. I recently bought a jacket from Chequered Flag, a small UK company that sell a range of wax cotton jackets under the brand name of Vintage Speedwear. They are currently selling a black Trialmaster style jacket on ebay at a very reasonable £89. Here's my quick review; I wasn't sure what to expect for only £89 - But actually this jacket is really impressive. It's a heavyweight 12 Oz wax cotton with a check lining that's...
This reply is a little late, but here goes anyway.Step 1 : I took the standard black Campbell Cooper jacket and put it thru the washing machine about 4 times on a 40 degree wash. This pretty much removed all the wax, plus it make the jacket a little more irregular in shape overall.Step 2 : I bought a pack of dylon dye stripper - this is the stuff that removes colour pryor to dying. I filled my bath up enough to cover the jacket and left it in overnight. When I came back to...
Here is my fantastic wax cotton motorcycle style jacket that was made up as a sample prior to a production run. This jacket is made from genuine wax cotton fabric - not cheap wax coated cotton - It has all the appeal that genuine wax cotton gives and will only get better with age give it a few summers and a couple of rewaxes and it will look like an old friend ! The jacket is in the style of the Belstaff Mojave which is a direct reproduction of the style of jacket that...
Thought I'd add to this thread. I picked this International up on ebay last week for £130. It arrived looking like this; But I had to speed up the aging process - after a deep breath and a 'to hell with it' attitude I put it into the washing machine at 40 degrees, no soap. The result is great and I'm really pleased with it now - It shrunk just a touch and now fits perfectly in the arms, which before were just a bit too long. It's also got a more distressed look and feel...
Thought I'd post this pic of my 2nd Campbell Cooper jacket. I dyed this one green - really pleased with the result - looks very vintage;
It's the same jacket !!!!
No, same jacket - I give you my word - I just added the union jack and changed the belt buckle
Here's my own vid of me waxing my Campbell Cooper jacket; I aged the jacket too by washing it a thousand times, that's how all the wax came out, so I rewaxed with a mix of 90% parrafin wax and 10% Beeswax. This video is the final stage. BEFORE AFTER
Thought I'd bump this thread back to life as I've just taken delivery of a Campbell Cooper Wax jacket - It cost me £58 delivered. Here's my review. I own a Belstaff Trialmaster and have looked very closely at the Barbour International too. Now, when you consider a Belstaff is going to cost you around £350 and a Barbour £225 I sort of expected that the Campbell Cooper version would be a poor-mans version of the aforementioned icons of wax style. In many ways it is and...