or Connect

Posts by Aldehyde

Did he not just say "A very old tailor in Milan"?
Jamison - Great stuff! I've bought many trousers and am now getting into the suits. Could I suggest the button point on the Made in China jackets be lowered? It looks abnormally high and the gap between the bottom and top button is very large. I would also like to suggest larger production runs for small sizes, especially the staple garments. I tried to order the Grey Herringbone suit about 8 hours after the notice went out, and to my dismay the 38/32 had already sold...
I think the jacket is a bit too structured for this look. Less structure would have seemed more coherent to me. I like the belt.
[[SPOILER]] TKE - I think you may have arms that are slightly longer than average, which is causing a lot of the "it's too short" comments. Many people are used to seeing a jacket end mid thumb - which is generally ok for people with average length arms. Longer arms make the gap between thumb and jacket hem larger and out oft he range people are used to seeing. To my eye it looks fine, especially considering it is a casual sport coat.Congrats on really improving your...
How can these still be here?
Bottom of the lapels are no good, but as PB said maybe can be tweaked. The rest is very nice though, especially the shoulder.
Could maybe use a bit of improvement on the photography. I'm in love with this sport coat.
My suggestion would be to return all those CK suits, take the money and go to Brooks Brothers. They have a number of styles / cuts and are of good quality. Get a plain navy suit, charcoal suit, and a subtle sport coat. You'll be good for a long time with those. Use shirts and ties to change it up and give variety. No one will ever notice you've only got 2 suits and a sport coat if you get creative and switch stuff up. You can add other stuff in a few weeks (linen) as...
The 42L looks much better. Looks like the chest is just starting to bow however, which would indicate you can't go smaller. I sympathise and realize you've got the 6 CK suits that have been altered, but would urge you to 'buy less, buy better' in the future.
Measurements please?