or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by CMD.EXE

Quote: Originally Posted by Macallan9 If they don't have thick enough skin to deal with some misanthropes and sarcasm, they can go to purseforum. Actually, I came here because purseforum was too rough for me.
If I had joined right away without "lurking" and understanding what passes as "culture" around here I would have probably not given the board another chance. I stuck around because the 10% or so of the posts (more like 5%, but still) on this site more than make up for the remaining 90-95%.
No one in those oceans movies (remakes) were ever dressed well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull Well, happy Monday. Is this an attempt to blackmail me? I didn't know she was a prostitute and I would've felt bad if I didn't pay her!
More: Again on liquidity vs holdings: It is a cycle most go through. Cash is always king, and someone with 1B in cash can be richer than someone with 5 in assets. The problem is when you have cash sitting around, inflation is gnawing away at it and losing out. When its invested, you want out because until your gains are in cash, whatever gains you've made are on paper and technically unrealized. Once you cash out you have the issue of reinvesting it again. So,...
To those discussing the fortunes of the fortunate: Many people of substantial means keep the bulk of their cash in Treasuries. To whoever made the point about a billion/millionaires stake in a company giving value to the shares they do not own: This is true and a good point. However, there are many tools by which someone can relinquish their ownership over time without causing a decline in shareholder's equity. If you have the right people working for you, many...
This discussion again... No Billionaire ever became a billionaire because of their love of luxurious things. How they do or don't spend their money is irrelevent. Their spending habits are seen in people of all classes (frugal, spenders, etc). They became billionaires through their ability to convince people they can "deliver", and after forming a track record, how they dressed, acted, etc. had and has 0 impact on their ability to grow and maintain their wealth. If...
To those saying the repair job was anything better than terrible you are mistaken. I have seen damage equal or worse to that repaired to the point where its not noticable unless you look close. There are various chemical companies making liquid leather, and if you add some polish into the mix, it would not only take care of the phyiscial leather damage but also the discoloration occuring after the liquid leather is applied.
Quote: Originally Posted by lovelux2010 i understand your point about the haircut, i agree with both hair and shirts you get what you pay for, but i simply cannot justify wearing expensive shirts to work each day at this point. also understand your architect analogy, however, i am paying for shirts when i buy bespoke, not measurements. if you are claiming having shirts copied violates morals, i ask you if you have ever tried the following: - had a...
New Posts  All Forums: