or Connect

Posts by primetimeseano

To make a long story short, I ended up having the shirts remade (for free) with some modifications to the collar, length and waist measurements. I then took advantage of the free tailoring again to have the arms slimmed a bit and the torso slimmed more. The end result is actually pretty decent. I may even order from them again.
I just got my stuff from Maxwell's. Epic fail. I'm currently trying to salvage something wearable out of the fiasco. Here's the email I sent them:They've since referred me to their local tailor. We'll see how that goes. Worst-case scenario, I return everything and charge it back on my credit card.
Would you agree that finding a good offshore tailor is the best way to go on shirts? It seems like the only other option for getting a solid fit would be to pay hundreds of dollars per shirt locally.
Hey guys, I started this thread a while ago: http://www.styleforum.net/t/345447/best-made-to-measure-bespoke-option-in-alberta-harry-rosen-henry-singer-holt-renfrew I was hoping I could get some additional input here. Where would you go in this city to get a solid made to measure or bespoke suit? I don't want to go all out, but I'm willing to spend up to about $1,500 per suit if the quality and fit are great. Thanks!
Which travelling tailor was it? Maxwell's is coming to town in a week and I was thinking about ordering some shirts. I bought some a couple of years ago and while the fit isn't what it should be, they've held up well and the price was right.
Do you guys find the fabric you buy yourself holds up better than the standard stuff, or is it more about getting a suit that's unique and/or specific?
Is Henry's a local place in Calgary?Where do you typically buy your fabrics from? Do you find it saves you money or just improves the quality significantly since you have complete control?
I actually have a few shirts from Maxwells and they've been pretty solid. The fit could have been a little bit better, but that's fixable. I've heard mixed reviews on the suits though. Has anyone else purchased one recently?
Thanks, guys. I was looking at Coppley and Samuelsohn, but this is the first I've heard of S. Cohen.
Hi guys, I live in Edmonton and I'm in the market for a made to measure or bespoke suit (and shirts as well). Up until now, I've always worn OTR suits and had them tailored, but I'm tired of not being able to find anything that fits quite right. I'm 5'10", 190 pounds with a pretty muscular build, so I have problems finding pants with enough room in the thighs and jackets that fit my shoulders and arms without being too big around the midsection. My budget is around...