or Connect

Posts by Two Shoes

I'm sure it's been discussed before... What are peoples' opinions on Rick Owens boots? Sizing? I'm looking at the basic side zips and the combat side zips....
^^ Those look great. Question: anybody know of a place in LA where I can try on some Guidi in person? I just can't let go of the fact that they may be too narrow for me until I see for myself. Somebody told me Maxfields may have some.
Lace ups probably but I'm down for some zips if they are the right ones. To be clear, I'm not looking for anything refined. I tend to beat the hell out of my clothes and I like clothes that not only take it, but look better because of it.So as far as boots go, I'm looking for something that I can wear everyday, that require minimal care, and will look better with age.Will pair mostly with denim.I thought I had found the answer with Guidis...so I guess that aesthetic, but...
Has anybody ever had luck adding themselves to the "wait list" on Gilt and had the item come back in stock?
Welllllll, SHIT. I thought I had found my jam.Anybody have any suggestions for a similiar profile/ quality in horse...but for wider feet?Time to start this whole laborious finding-a-black-boot thing from the beginning. Just some brands to get me started would be appreciated. And thanks eck and others for help with the stupid Guidis.Edit: nvm i know there a ton of brands, i'll start looking again and maybe ask for help when i've narrowed it down
Ah gotcha, thanks. Wrinkled leather ninja sock.Yeah, that's why I'm confused. Luigi from PNP said his foot measures 27cm and he wears 43 in Guidi so he suggests for my foot (27.5cm), I get a 44.
Thanks for the clarification. Curious, why do you say steer clear of the MS models? Is it just an aesthetic thing?Now I'm confused. I am usually a 10.5/11 in American sizes and I emailed PNP with my foot measurment (27.5cm) and they suggested a 44.
All the Guidi talk made me interested in picking up some boots from PNP. I'm going to order one of the 995 models and I have some questions about the different leathers... The last couple pages have suggested that donkey may be stiffer than horse and has more grain and horse molds to the foot better. The reverse stag is interesting in a rough out kind of way. Any other opinions/ thoughts? Primarily, I'm looking for the one that will look the best BEAT UP. Also,...
I wouldn't buy it if you are expecting it to be a daily driver. I have always had unusual cars and live by the dictum that I'd rather pay for occasional repairs than have a car payment. If you are looking for an older Mercedes that will last forever and still have some retro appeal, take a look at the mid 80's 300D turbo diesels, which is what I currently drive. The older ones like you linked are a bit more classic but they are more finicky, less reliable, parts are...
Nice pickup. I've had my eye on those for a while but thought they were gone after they sold out of the brown on ssense or wherever it was. Jesus...now I remember why I've never spent more than five minutes on Gilt. What a nightmare. So, they have flash sales on specific groups of items, then that's it? So are those Raf boots done?