or Connect

Posts by Two Shoes

Thanks for the feedback. FWIW, I actually kinda like the "wall of leather" look...it feels more apocalyptic and modern and less retro and biker-ish. And the asymmetrical zip on these jackets is one of my favorite features. But, as I said, I appreciate the feedback and I definitely think I could take an inch or more off of the sleeves next time. Here you go snowman...I exaggerated the cuff flare a bit to better illustrate it. I think it's an issue of the sleeves being too...
Yeah the sleeves are probably too long. Next time, I'll keep the sleeves stock and probably size down a touch in the body. But this wasn't a case of poking noses in the TOJ kitchen. This is a design Drew has approved and agreed to make for people- he's shot plenty of other ideas down. I followed all instructions on the website for sizing (both body and a different jacket) and sent measurements to Charly. Then waited without a peep for it show up. Sometimes you nail it,...
Measured my arms, measured another jacket I have and sent measurements to Charly. EDIT: The other jacket I measured does have long sleeves ala RO.
How so? Edit: BTW isn't your jacket the epitome of customization? Not trying to be antagonistic just trying to get some clarification for what you meant.
UMDR. Basically a stock 50 with +2 length. Was terrified of ordering too small so gave myself a little wiggle room. I'm hoping the sleeves will stack nicely as the leather settles but they may be too long. The cuffs flare because there is no zipper keeping them snug to the forearm. I know it's contrary to the whole idea of a UMDR in the first place but I may add another snap on each cuff to keep them tidy. I'm probably 10lbs over what I usually weigh and plan to trim...
I thought I had read that too but seems like the quote before yours suggest green calf is good for QDR.I thrashed a cheap All Saints jacket jumping into bushes one night. And tore through another one while hopping freight trains in Utah. I have an old Harley Davidson perfecto-style (from the 50's) that I had to tailor but that thing is damn near bullet proof. Anyway, I like to beat up my clothes and while TOJ lamb is buttery soft and all that, I'm considering something...
Drew, I want a QDR. What color/ leather are you digging? Also, I love the lamb but I think I want something more durable...would calf allow me to beat it up a bit more (eg jumping in bushes whilst intoxicated) or do I need to step up to horse for that kind of armor (not that QDR is available in horse....in fact, is calf even a good idea for QDR?). Help me Obi-won Keith-obi.
Are RIck leathers sized weird? I was looking at two different models, both Larges, and one had a p2p of 22" and the other was 20"
I'm sure it's been discussed before... What are peoples' opinions on Rick Owens boots? Sizing? I'm looking at the basic side zips and the combat side zips....