or Connect

Posts by Two Shoes

This is phenomenal, nice pick up. Looks great in the fit, too. Will be interesting to see how it evolves with wear.I'm interested in the horse blazer you posted, too. I see it on the Lift website (I think) but not the specific photos and detail shots you posted. Is there a blog or some other website with more info? Are those Lift's photos?
Yup.
By the way, what are options for trying to find out Drew's identity (if that isn't his real name) and address, contact info, business name (and country) he is operating under, etc? That info would be helpful for filing official complaints and starting investigations. Anybody know how to research that stuff?
Brad and Fok nailed it. Drew has demonstrated himself to be borderline sociopathic. He's unraveling. Threatening customers from his position is straight lunacy. Fok didn't cut Drew any slack, he just had the foresight to see that antagonizing Drew would not make him acquiesce easily and would likely inflame him, as it has. Unfortunately, it's one of the only two options available to customers, as Brad has said- either fight or give up. And I am of the opinion that if...
I've said my piece about how I think people can handle this, specifically, but I'll say now that the best thing to do if you don't want to feel that you've been taken advantage of or to rectify the hit to your self-esteem is to do something about the situation. You are not powerless and things like this come up in life. You were not wrong to trust Drew. I sent him money, once, too. The hit to your self-esteem comes now that there is a problem and you are experiencing...
What I've learned from nearly five years of lurking on this site is that a lot of the regular/ more vocal posters don't know how to put a good outfit together, regardless of the style, and that they are simply here (and posting) because it is a home for their internet social lives. There are some good groupthink takeaways for newbies like "the t shirt should be a couple inches longer" and, clearly, there are some fantastic regular posters who have their shit together but...
The TOJ thread is the most fascinating thread on this forum. Somebody else said it- the pathos is extraordinary. I find it riveting. But I agree, when it derails into cellulite or pasta or whatever, I just want more jacket lunacy. Quick, somebody post about wanting to buy a spot.
[[SPOILER]] I think it's refreshing that you're not trying to post another boring denimz and plain white sneakers fit, as some have offered as advice. You didn't nail it first try but there are plenty of regular posters here who still aren't nailing it.I'd suggest trying some black boots or RO Ramones and swapping out the cardigan for a long collared black shirt or a scarf to give some weight and structure on top. Something like...
https://www.eastdane.com/ci/lp/lp-sale.html
Awesome attitude and congrats on being adventurous and trying things. I've lurked for a long time and seen some amazing transformations.For what it's worth, I feel like the oversized shapeless thing is pretty tricky to pull off. Having a slender body may help but, even then I feel like the margin for error is very slim (no pun).I think a couple things could help balance this out... a wide brimmed hat and bigger/ chunkier shoes. The hat implies structure that is lost in the...