or Connect

Posts by SimonC

I'd agree with what has been posted - Tusting stuff used to be really nice, and reasonably priced. Then about 5 years ago they changed their leather and it's just not as good. If SAB is 10/10, Tusting is more like 7/10. That said, I don't think they're anywhere near price comparable - isn't SAB 2-3x the cost?
Quote: Budd Macclesfield tie: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT I got this, thank you (though I had it in my watch list before you posted it)
Quote: Papworth attache case: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Got it - thank you.
Assuming they're all running and cosmetically sound, but in need of a service / clean; Longines $150-200 (probably a nice calibre, but common) Chopard $4-600 (good brand, nice looking watch) Revue Thommen $3-500 (this one is probably modern, c90s, good watch though. More if gold not base metal) IWC $8-1200 (highly dependent on condition, looks like it might be a Cal. 83) Gruen $1-200 Hamilton $1-300 (pretty unusual, which can be good or bad) Waltham...
Quote: I like the W. Bill and the Charvet! IRL the Etro isn't as bright as it appears - more of a muted brick red with grey pattern.
A nice little haul of ties yesterday - a W Bill tweed, a Charvet and a nice Etro Milano. £7/ $11 for the three
Quote: perhaps you can show two more problem areas like the underarm lining and collar near back of neck Sure - I almost took a photo of the underarm lining as it's snow white like new. Photos coming up once I've finished the long list of jobs my wife has kindly furnished me with...
I've listed another Blanc Blu suit (same measurements, dark blue twill) here; Blanc Blu Twill
Suit has now sold, with payment recieved. Thank you for the interest OK, at the specific request of a member I've taken photos and measurements of the dark blue twill Blanc Blu / Super 180s / 14 Micron suit. This time, I have also taken photos of a couple of areas that might be expected to show wear, to demonstrate how immaculate these are. Having taken the photos, there are a couple of small dust spots - these are just that, and the suit has no marks, stains, rips,...
Quote: When might the other suits be offered for sale? I posted toward the beginning of the thread, but to recap; - Dark grey chalkstripe 'flannel' Diamante Blu $500 - Mid / dark grey pinstripe (like a very fine pinhead fabric) Diamante Blu $500 - Very dark blue twill Blanc Blu $600 - Dark blue w/ grey pinstripe Diamante Blu $500 - Dark blue odd jacket Diamante Blue $300 - Dark blue twill odd trousers (although I need to check -...