or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Very low BIN on a decent-looking Ede & Ravenscroft suit (£595 new)
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Whatever leather it is, it's a lovely bag and apparently in wonderful condition (not dried out at all). Congratulations! It was in good shape when I recieved it, but I gave it three coats of Liquid Leather and one of Pecards Vintage Leather Dressing for good measure.
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Of course, in the first quarter of the last century, all sort of animals could be turned into leather goods. Here's a larger photo if it helps with scale:
The delays seem to have abated - a fortnight ago I was getting messages from buyers questioning the status of parcels posted mid-December (one took five and a half weeks to get from England to France), whilst this week I've been getting messages confirming receipt of parcels posted last week.
Just up and an auction, so no guarantee of a bargain, but promising-looking A&S suit and coat.
I've recently purchased a vintage Gladstone bag, which I initially assumed was made from grained calf. However, the more I look at it and handle it, the more I suspect it's something else. It's a heavier, less supple leather than calf, and there's sufficient variation to the grain that I believe it may be naturally-occurring. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Killer Kilgour / KFS dinner suit with reasonable BIN.
C&J Eaton suede loafers £35 BIN
Another good BIN on a 40S Chester Barrie blazer.
Thrifting is half luck and half knowledge. I got the luck side today - out doing some shopping, and I wasn't planning to pop in on the thrift because I went last weekend and this one is expensive and slow to rotate their stock. I'm glad I did though - I came out with a Kilgour flannel suit in grey with a blue and yellow pinstripe - fit is pretty good with only a couple of small alterations needed.