or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Badass Cleverley lazyman tassel loafers in suede, with trees.
Lots of bits and pieces up for auction, running until next Saturday. Free gift for SF members: Bespoke Turnbull & Asser Velvet jacket Bespoke Donegal Tweed suit Bespoke Birdseye Tweed 3-piece suit Gieves & Hawkes Tweed jacket Hackett Tweed(ish) jacket Chester Barrie Sea Island jacket Bespoke cashmere tweed jacket NWT Ralph Lauren Purple Label Linen jacket Dunhill by Zega Super 130s suit Dege & Skinner bespoke jacket
One from the back of the wardrobe: McGeorge Scottish-made pure cashmere sweater in shades of brown and cream, with hand intarsia work to the front. One small darn to the front, and one small hole to the upper rear (I can darn this before shipping if you'd like). Replacement would be hundreds of dollars - I'm asking just $30 for a classic quality piece of Scottish cashmere.
Quote: Originally Posted by Winot The Chancery Lane store has a one-day 20% off everything sale today (excluding legalwear). Some lovely formal wear but I made do with a wine-red wool & silk tie and some navy boxcloth braces. I got an invite, apparently it's all their stores over the weekend as well.
I'm really looking forward to your RTW collection.
Two pairs of John Lobb double-monks with bags and trees on eBay.fr for a good BIN.
Potentially very reasonable BIN on a Foster & Sons briefcase
Low BIN on a decent-looking G&H trench.
I have a Filson Small Field Bag in Otter Green cotton twill, in good used condition - no rips / tears / stains to the cotton, and all the leather is supple and well conditioned. Only 'issue' is that I've lost the shoulder strap (available as spares from Filson). These are $165 new, so I'm asking $60 shipped worldwide. From Filson's website: Ideal for long days in the field, this bag has a large flap completely covering the oval-shaped opening so nothing bounces out....
A lovely and absolutely classic pair of G.J. Cleverley black captoe oxfords. These are made for Cleverley by Crockett and Jones to their Handgrade standards. Retail is £375 / $575. This pair is a UK 9E, and in good used condition - they're approaching the need for a re-sole, and there are a few small surface scratches to the heels and one toebox (all pictured). Originally they were sold as subs and are marked as such on the soles. I'm asking $100 posted....