or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Does anyone know if Budd and Cleverley still have sales on? T Fox on London Wall have a sale on now - lots of SF-approved items including suits and sportcoats with spalla camicia, some well-designed Grenson shoes, knit and heavy silk printed ties, cashmere-blend waterproof topcoats etc. All 50% off. Good stock levels when I was in there earlier.
The quote in the title is from this article in yesterday's Guardian newspaper. It's raised an issue I've wondered about before. Do the lay public believe a Savile Row suit is far more expensive than it actually is - they look at the price of designer labels and assume SR must be dearer? I ask because I find it galling that a tailor can be happy being quoted in the mainstream press stating his prices are cheaper (indeed much cheaper) than the Row when £3500 is...
Quote: Originally Posted by chenzhongbi It was too late when I read this thread. The auction ended. Since it received 0 bid, the seller might relist it. Is it priced reasonably for a CB suit? CB used to make for RLPL so quality is top-notch. The photos of that suit are pretty poor and from the label it's very old. The neck also looks very wide for a 38 (look how its sitting on the hanger) and I can see no evidence of waist suppression (CB...
First combo is too busy - if I saw that IRL my snap judgement would be that you'd chosen a shirt and tie in the dark. The second combo looks good to me, though others may consider it too conservative. IMHO, a pink gingham shirt is never conservative.
Sulka Vicuna robe / dressing gown.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenStyle Fit TTS. Interesting - I'm normally an 11 (most C&J lasts, EG 202, Church's etc). For these, I went down to a 10, because they are quite an elongated last and being a loafer I wanted a slightly snugger fit.
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonC They had some sublime 'museum'ish finish dark olive green loafers with what looked damned like a reverse handstitch split toe for only £280. The lasts look a lot sleeker than the photos on the website that were previously posted. I gave in to temptation;
Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 Tried to buy from SimonC and he never responded to a PM I, or other members, sent. I did respond to all PMs for items still available for sale; I apologise that with the festive season I've been a little slower to update posts to reflect items that have sold.
I popped into the EG sale today (saw StephenStyle through the window and went in to say hello). Some nice models, and they seemed to be selling well. Nothing sufficient to tempt me though. Harrods was a different matter - decent prices on a range of decent shoes, but by 2.30pm when I arrived it was absolute carnage; the harried sales staff told me unless I could find one half of a pair on the shop floor they couldn't sell me the shoes I wanted, but there were hundreds of...
Quote: Originally Posted by f.clever @lovelux, thanks! I going to order a number of these ceder shoe trees and probably some Saphir products, I will give an update when it is in. If anyone is considering those shoetrees they are £17.50 at Jones the Bootmaker in the sale