or Connect

Posts by SimonC

I'm looking for a pair of fairly heavyweight flannel pants in a mid-grey colour - 30-32" waist, and unhemmed or enough to let down to a 34" inseam. Ideally flat front or single pleat, and with side tabs rather than belt loops, but I'm not that bothered. Does anyone have anything suitable?
Sold - thanks for looking Right, I have an amazing pair of trousers up for sale. They're Super 180s Kiton Blanc Blu, Kiton's top-of-the-line range. They're a very versatile dark blue colour, single pleated and with a button fly. Virtually everything on them is handsewn - just check out the photos. Condition is excellent - no visible wear on the usual places (i.e. no shiny seat, no wear to the hem, no sagging pocket edges), no stains, no holes, no pulls. Measurements...
Quote: Originally Posted by AJL These things really retail this high though ($4,000-8,000)? These are like top line JL St. James or Lattanzi bespoke prices, no? Not that I'm aware of - I think it's the usual eBay bull$hit about retail prices...
For the lady in your life, a lovely vintage Drew & Sons handbag
This is absolutely amazing - it's a fairly conservative Chester Barrie double breasted suit, but it's made of a pure cashmere fabric - it's not soft and fluffy like you'd expect, but more like a regular worsted suiting with a really supple handle. Being a Chester Barrie there's some nice handwork (most notably the buttonholes) and is fully canvassed. It's a 6/2 double breasted, with twin pleated trousers with turnups. It's in immaculate condition, with no faults I...
Well reading the thread got me thinking about ordering a nice pair of light coloured gloves from Chester Jefferies, or perhaps a pair of the peccary ones on eBay. Then I went out this morning, and happened to find these in a vintage clothing store - NOS buckskin gloves by 'Webbs', made in England with black handstitching and the little triangular darts on the fingers. The best part is they cost me about 15% of what Chester Jefferies would have charged!
Quote: Originally Posted by tbabes Where are the Charles Tyrwhitt shirts made? Not in the UK, I can guarantee that.
Sold, thanks for looking I recently purchased these from eBay, but whilst they were advertised as an 11E, I'd assumed it was a UK 11E. They're actually 10.5/11E, so half a size too small for me. I'm offering them on at what I paid. The Malvern III spectator, in Chestnut and Beige Twill, on the 202 last. Boxed with shoe bags, sold as only having been worn once and they certainly look like it. Photos to be added when I get a chance. For reference, here's a pic on ...
John Lobb 'Raleigh' country shoes, BNIB, UK 10E for £225 BIN Barker Limited Edition UK 8F whole apron £150 BNIB
Selling for £240 each, he paid £150 each in the Swaine sale. I quite liked the look of the textured one, but the design was a bit too weird for me. Quote: Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT Seller has three new Swaine folios at an opening bid of $388.00 each. http://shop.ebay.com/malfordoflondon....c0.m14?_pgn=2 Steven