or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Quote: Originally Posted by withstyle Is that the EG malverne in Chestnut/Twill? (IMO) Yes - Malvern III. I got a deal that I couldn't say no to, though sadly they're a bit bigger than you need.
Well somehow I've 'accidentally' purchased something that requires a certain degree of panache to carry off. Trouble is, I have to rapidly acquire that panache; Does anyone have any suggestions for outfits, other than the usual linen suits?
This clearly depends on your climate, but I'm going to vote for an overcoat - a well-made bespoke or OTR overcoat in a heavyweight fabric will last decades, and look good whilst doing so. The price is comparable to a couple of pairs of shoes, but f the styling is sufficiently classic it'll be usable on a daily basis without the 'stigma' of wearing an item of clothing repeatedly (like you get with shoes or suits).
Right, I've got too many pairs of trousers in my wardrobe which I'm not likely to wear. Everything is located in London, England but prices include international shipping 1. Hackett 100% cotton khaki trousers, button fly, single pleated. 30" waist, 33.5" inside leg plus 3" turned up. Hemmed, but only worn once £15 2. Gieves & Hawkes cotton & viscose trousers, zip fly, flat front. BNWOT. Slightly redder colour than shown in the photo. 32" waist, 36.5" inside...
Quote: Originally Posted by marin Measurements for #6? Sorry - 30" waist, 37" inside leg (unhemmed)
Quote: Any ideas where amongst the shops listed here I should try? Not sure if it'd matter, but I'm a US8. I'd agree that you should increase your budget - you'll get something for £100 in Northampton, but the train there and back will be about £20. Martin-Stone or John Rushton (addresses on p1) have shoes starting within your budget, but it's pot-luck whether they have anything to suit your taste and size. That said, John Rushton always seem to...
CashCo cords OHPF
Right, I've got too many pairs of trousers in my wardrobe which I'm not likely to wear. Everything is located in London, England but I'm happy shipping worldwide at cost. Indicative shipping cost is £4-7 per pair for Airmail to the US depending on whether they're summer or winter trousers. 1. Hackett 100% cotton khaki trousers, button fly, single pleated. 30" waist, 33.5" inside leg plus 3" turned up. Hemmed, but only worn once £15 2. Gieves & Hawkes cotton &...
One of the stores today was chock-full of lovely small-label handmade Italian jackets and suits, but all way too big for me. Nonetheless, I managed to find one Borelli and one Barbera shirt for a reasonable price.
Bump and a price drop to £200 shipped.