or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Well as has been heralded, C&J came though - there was a queue waiting for them to open at 2pm which was a good sign. Once inside a larger room than the others, they had a good and quite consistent level of stock. I came away with the Bermuda in tan nubuck on a rubber sole for 80, Derby in tan country grain on a Wayferer sole for 120 and a Brooks Brothers Alonquin split-toe blucher in black grain on a Dainite sole. They had a good selection of boots at 150 and dress shoes...
I hope the OP doesn't mind me stealing his thread. I'm sat in the White Elephant pub just around the corner from the John Lobb factory, having visited the following factory shops: Church's - turn left out of the station across tge railway bridge, and the large factory is a couple of hundred yards down on your left. The factory shop is a small room accessed directly from the street. The stock levels seemed good, with a mix of what must be very slight seconds and...
I hope the OP doesn't mind me stealing his thread. I'm sat in the White Elephant pub just around the corner from the John Lobb factory, having visited the following factory shops: Church's - turn left out of the station across tge railway bridge, and the large factory is a couple of hundred yards down on your left. The factory shop is a small room accessed directly from the street. The stock levels seemed good, with a mix of what must be very slight seconds and...
I'm off to Northampton tomorrow for the first time, so hoping you might post your experiences of the in-town shops by then...
+1 to all the comments above - made by Cheaney, quality isn't bad but they're available (at least the non-cordovan models) for £99 / $150 from the G&H factory outlet.
Doucal's usually shown up at my local TJ Maxx for <$100, and I've not been impressed with the quality at that price. Quote: Originally Posted by clausc Doucal's suede tassel loafers from Yoox ? I do not like normally the tassel loafer, but I might wear a sleeker version than Aldens or AE. I'm frustrated by not winning on ebay recently a pair of Paul Smith Marcello tassel loafer. Are the Doucal's decent quality, brown suede is suitable for...
Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 Should be suitable for disection so we can confirm the amount of handwork. Well Jeffrey / Made by Hand got the last A&S I found...
Well I picked this up at a thrift recently - it's not my size, but I thought someone would benefit from it. Condition-wise it's not perfect as you'll see, but then I hope I've priced it accordingly. I'm not making any money on this (shipping from the UK, the pound has taken a hammering!). Price is $100 shipped The upside; - Handmade Anderson & Sheppard quality - Lovely ~12oz birdeye fabric - Unusual (for A&S) 2/3 roll SB w/ dart and side body, flat front...
Another price drop...
Just a quick trip out at lunchtime; An Austin Reed wool cricket jumper - some holes, but hey that makes it more bohemian: And a nice older New & Lingwood yellow and white stripe chambray shirt - a little small in the collar but I'd never wear this buttoned up with a tie anyway: