or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Quote: Originally Posted by matstyleku Quite amazing. What was amazing was the fact that the place I got the Stone Island jacket had been given a boxed Sony a550 DSLR with lens. They knew what it was worth though, and were asking the going rate for a used example.
Quote: Originally Posted by antirabbit WTF???? What size? All at a thrift? All at a thrift, but I was in Kensington, London so the pickings are good but the prices are accordingly high - I paid £45 / $75 for the Sutors (EU 44.5 but fit my feet nicely - usually a 10.5 or 11 UK), £50 / $80 for the Lobbs (10.5UK and also fit well) and £35 / $55 for the Stone Island.
I'd agree, TK Maxx can yield some decent deals - I've pretty much stopped going but in the past managed to buy: - Bamford & Sons trousers and cashmere sweaters for £29.99 - Ballantyne hand intarsia cashmere sweaters for £64.99 - Bamford & Sons suede jacket for £99 - Lots of Pantherella socks from £1 upward - A pair of Le Chameau boots for £79.99 - Some Barbour jackets for £69.99 - A couple of pairs of Yanko black brogues for £74.99 (actually really nicely...
Kop for your better half - $4100 NWT Asprey cashmere coat for $100 BIN.
Good pickings this morning, photos to follow: Sutor Mantellassi top-line (blue sole, toe nails) dark brown medallion wholecuts, with the SM lightweight shoe trees. John Lobb mid brown laced deck shoes. Stone Island orange ventile hooded jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by onix What? These? Rub it in, please.
Low BIN for some Loro Piana cords
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Heartbreaking -- these are basically new vintage Bowring Arundel shoes with a decent BIN and no one has kopped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT What's heartbreaking is that someone had an offer of £151 accepted - I kept meaning to offer £175 and never got around it.
http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/publi...aleSectionNo=1
Stunning - I'd be enjoying these all summer long if they were my size.