or Connect

Posts by SimonC

RLPL suit for $230 BIN
Quote: Originally Posted by Aspendos Updates would be really helpful. Does the seller answer to PMs when the gloves are not available anymore? I sent a PM more than 8 hours ago and haven't heard back (granted, Sunday...). Does anyone know if #41 is still up for grabs? Well mine (#40, cognac-colored Peccary lined with cream cashmere) arrived this morning, via International airmail. Shipped rapidly and with confirmation of despatch,...
I recently purchased these from the Crockett & Jones factory shop, but I've decided I'm unlikely to wear them and would rather put the money towards a new digital camera. They are a lovely shoe in a black pebblegrain calf with a raised split-toe welt, and a durable Dainite rubber sole that is perfect for the winter months or those who prefer to walk. For that reason, I'm offering them on to SF members for what I paid, otherwise I'll return them on my next visit. My...
A little surprise bump - fabric No. 2 wasn't quite what the buyer was expecting so it's back up for sale. It will ship from the buyer's address in the US. With thanks to the buyer, below are some high-resolution images. For completeness, the buyer's comments were "Quite a luxurious hand as I expected but unexpected was the color. Going off your description as 'grey marl' and the phone image posted, I was imagining a lighter grey along with a bluish cast from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker +3 I would have probably picked that up for $325 had it not been for that foreskin on the side. WTF. +4, SRSLY WTF? It's not even the same colour as either the sole or the uppers...
Quote: Originally Posted by orthofrancis Just curious - just how tall are those heels - they look huge - as if they were custom made for a short guy, wanting to look taller - a la Robert Downey Jr. 6. While the heels on these are rather high at 2", you can absolutely have them taken down at any cobbler at least 3/4" to 1", IMO.
Photos to follow, but I picked up a lovely 1969 Dege bespoke suit in a vintage store today - 13/4oz grey pinstripe, single breasted with fishtail back trousers. More impressive is the fact it fits! (I'm 6ft 3in, 38in chest)
PM sent on No. 40
SOLD - THANKS FOR THE INTEREST I have three leather weekend bags, and as one of them was purchased for me by my wife I have little to no chance of ever using this in anger. Fantastic '72 hour' / long weekend Da Vinci bag by the Canadian label WANT Les Essentiels De La Vie in 'Burnt Henna' leather. 53cm x 33cm x 21cm. Handmade in Italy from top-quality leather. Has both carry-handles and a shoulder-strap. Used on one trip, hence in excellent condition. Sorry for...
Quote: Originally Posted by vinouspleasure I'm going to be in london for business during the sale. Any monetary advantage to visiting the store? I guess if I could buy ex-vat and avoid the shipping, I can save the shipping charges. I've visited the store before, so I'm familiar with most of the shoes...of course trying on the shoes is a plus... They're not legally allowed to sell to you ex-VAT in the store, but they can provide you with the...