or Connect

Posts by SimonC

There's a shop called Wow Retro on Drury Lane, Covent Garden who have a selection at the back - up the stairs and on your right. If you're in the area, there's another retro shop called Rokit on Shelton Street, though they tend not to have much evening dress. Between the two is Blackout II in Endell Street who may be able to help. I'll warn you none of them are quite at the focussed level of Old Hat, but the prices are commensurately lower. Alternatively, have you...
Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat Is the C&J sale coordinated out of Burlington Arcade or Jermyn St? Appreciate any details so I can mark my calendar. Generally Jermyn St have a far better selection, but all the stores get some stock (there were some nice handgrades at the Royal Exchange store in the winter sale). I'm afraid I don't have dates to hand, but it'll be between now and the end of the month in all likelihood.
Ditto - I walk around the house every 6 months and take date-stamped photos of each room and the contents which are then kept in the office. That way, I've got a relatively recent record. If a claim were to occur I'd probably not claim full retail for everything, but even at discounted prices it rapidly adds up...
I made a promise to myself a year or so ago - no more t-shirts. I gave them all to goodwill, and now I only wear shirts. That said, weekend wear is often jeans, shirt and a pair of Alden 990s. I'll wear something 'special' if I'm feeling feisty or out somewhere special though. Weekday wear is where I actually find myself questioning whether I'm well dressed. Suit, tie, shirt, shoes - all of good quality and (hopefully) well matched, but rarely with SF attention to...
Just No.2 available now These are up for sale to fund some recent overindulgences. Prices are listed below, plus postage at cost. I've posted cameraphone photos, but I'll add better quality images once I get my digicam this evening. I have some further fabrics that will be added at that time. Payment by PayPal please, unless you're in the UK when a cheque or bank transfer is also acceptable. 1. Light grey worsted from the Target collection, 9-10oz Super 120s, 3.6m long....
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Another RJ -- buy my stuff, linked in my sig. I need to add a madder tie and a shagreen cigar case to my listing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Borrelli If you are in Northampton I do encourage you to visit, this man is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I could really talk shoes with him and he knew a lot about the other factories as well. We also talked about factory shop prices, and some of the loved and not so loved Ebay sellers. You're right, he's an absolute gent - gave me directions to Lobb, told me to wind up the lady who ran the factory...
Well as has been heralded, C&J came though - there was a queue waiting for them to open at 2pm which was a good sign. Once inside a larger room than the others, they had a good and quite consistent level of stock. I came away with the Bermuda in tan nubuck on a rubber sole for 80, Derby in tan country grain on a Wayferer sole for 120 and a Brooks Brothers Alonquin split-toe blucher in black grain on a Dainite sole. They had a good selection of boots at 150 and dress shoes...
I hope the OP doesn't mind me stealing his thread. I'm sat in the White Elephant pub just around the corner from the John Lobb factory, having visited the following factory shops: Church's - turn left out of the station across tge railway bridge, and the large factory is a couple of hundred yards down on your left. The factory shop is a small room accessed directly from the street. The stock levels seemed good, with a mix of what must be very slight seconds and...
I hope the OP doesn't mind me stealing his thread. I'm sat in the White Elephant pub just around the corner from the John Lobb factory, having visited the following factory shops: Church's - turn left out of the station across tge railway bridge, and the large factory is a couple of hundred yards down on your left. The factory shop is a small room accessed directly from the street. The stock levels seemed good, with a mix of what must be very slight seconds and...