or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Bump and a price drop
Seriously, why no BIN on these white bucks and wingtips? I've purchased shoes from them and been very pleased, and at the price you could do the gardening in them....
PM sent on these bad boys;
Yesterday - I was in a thrift earlier today and they had an Hermes suit. Mid to dark 2 or 3 button SB in grey fabric with a napped / fulled flannel-like finish, and with at least some cashmere in the mix. Size was a 42L (built for working cuffs and not opened, but at least a 26.5 so if you're a 42S/R you could probably bypass them entirely), and condition seemed very decent with no noticeable faults. Sorry for the lack of detail but they were closing and I already had two...
I was running late to work, so made the most of it and stopped by a store on my way in. Two T&A ties, and an Anderson & Sheppard tie (not sure who makes these for them?). They had half a dozen Hermes from the same donor, but at $50 each. Waiting to meet someone in the evening I popped into another store just before closing - historically with a good hit ratio. I walked out with one green cord jacket by Benson, Perry & Whitley (Ian Fleming's tailor), perfect around the...
A pair of what I'd guess are C&J for Foster & Sons, £4.99 start. These seem a very fair price for a narrow foot - $79 BIN for Alden All Weather Walkers.
SOLD! Thanks for looking I've got too many briefcases, so I need to move some on. Up for sale is this lovely specimen by Papworth, who are owned by Swaine, Adeney & Brigg. It reeks of quality, with solid brass fittings throughout and wonderful leather. It's in a lovely chocolate brown colour, in generally very good condition (no scuffing on the corners). The only faults I can note are; - No key (but they're all the same - the ones on my other Papworth case work, so they...
I have a (lightly) used pair of J.M Weston's classic 'Modele 180' penny loafer in a sumptuous chocolate suede. They are a size 9.5 D (see this thread on AAAC about sizing - I'd agree on sizing down half to one size for these, they run large) They have a channelled sole with plenty of wear left. I'll give them a good going over with a suede brush before shipping, out kitchen is being re-done at the moment and I don't have access to my shoe cleaning kit. Still, hopefully...
For UK members: Ede & Ravenscroft's sale started on Thursday. They have all their old-stock shoes down to £75 (generally larger sizes, I think they're made by Cheaney but to a good standard), and Cleverley RTW half price at £175 - nice black and (unlined) brown suede loafers, plus half- and full-brogues. A decent amount of stock at Chancery Lane, some at Leadenhall but nothing at all at Burlington Gardens. Also plain silk PS with handrolled edges £5, and three pack...
Very cheap BIN white bucks and white brogues.