or Connect

Posts by SimonC

SAB Malacca http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SWAINE-ADENEY-...ht_1901wt_1139
Just looking for a quick sale hence the excellent pricing: Amazing Brioni 'Cannes' model trousers in a light grey 49% silk /51% wool blend, very lightweight (perhaps 8oz) with a stunning handle. Cuffed hem, double pleats, belt loops, zip fly, change pocket in waistband. 40" waist (no more than 1" to let out) 30.5" inseam plus whatever you can get out of the cuffs 9.5" trouser width at hem I can see no flaws - there's some colour variation in the photos but it's...
Just a few items from recent trips: A pair of Moreschi black brogues, perfect timing as they'll replace my recently-deceased rain / beater work shoes: Hayward of Mount Street bespoke tweed suit - stunning, with soft shoulders and a silhouette to die for, but it's a bit too small: Recent (2006) Dege & Skinner charcoal bespoke suit: Oh, and I got a Berlusconi tie a couple of months back:
Quote: Originally Posted by evolsty Is this what they call pick stitching? Can this only be done by hand? Is it generally a sign of quality? Yes, it's pick stitching. It can be done by machine or by hand, so it's not generally a sign of quality - the fact the buttonhole is machine-sewn suggests to me the garment is entirely machine-made. One of the tell-tale signs of machine pick-stitching is that the thread running between the pick...
Hermes Sac a Despoo from 2002 with dustbag and original purchase reciept, $2000 BIN which seems reasonable: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-Sac-Depec...:B:SHOP:US:101
Bump 04/11 - price drop on Bamford & Sons jacket, added T&A cashmere.
Just a quick and dirty shot of a couple of pairs of shoes I've thrifted recently and posted here - unlined Brooks Brothers for Alden cordovan #8 loafers, and Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren loafers:
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek $9.00 for new Aldens? Someone got a bargain. Ah, but they got dealt a rough hand in life with feet that size - they're welcome to the occasional lucky break!
Two nice spring jackets and a sweater here: 1. Bamford & Sons heavyweight linen jacket, tagged Small. Made in Italy with some great touches - horn buttons on a snapring attachment so you can switch them out, hand-stitching around the hem of the jacket and cuffs, and great bellows pockets. In excellent condition, only one small pen mark on the right sleeve (pictured). $150 > $140 > $130 shipped Pit to pit 21" Waist 20" Sleeve 25.5" Shoulders 18" Length 30.5"...
- 1978 Douglas Hayward tweed suit with unpadded shoulders - Four Souster & Hicks semi-bespoke suits in immaculate condition - Dege & Skinner bespoke suit - C&J for PRL boat-shoe style loafers - Harvie & Hudson velvet embroidered slippers And best of all - A professional shop steamer