or Connect

Posts by SimonC

They're 9oz so not what I'd consider mid-weight, depends exactly where you live.They are soft, with a great handle. I can't comment on how quickly it wears having only had it for a few months. I will say the creases drop out fairly quickly.
If you 'Search This Thread' using the link at the top of the page you'll find at least a few visit reports, but in my experience they'll have a good selection of classic models (both on the more traditional lasts and F / U) across all sizes and a number of leathers / colours.However, if you go in expecting a specific last / colour / size you may be disappointed. A mail to Rezso will confirm what they have in stock today in your size, or if you're visiting in some while you...
@Luxire any word on the other colours you have in this, especially tan / other light shades?
It's just museum calf. Others are being more diplomatic but my view is museum calf is not of equivalent quality to the leathers otherwise used by Vass or other premium makers. It's somewhat thin and can display inconsistencies such as that above.
Does @Luxire have this fabric in a tan colour? Would be a great option to add if it's not already on the site, I have Gieves & Hawkes tropical pants in a tropical wool with a similar pattern I grey and tan and love them.
To me there is quite a clear difference. EG quality control and consistency are flawless every time. Vass fit differs a little from pair to pair, and sometimes (perhaps always, it depends how closely you look) have some minor defect in construction or finishing.I say this as someone who has purchasedperhaps a dozen pairs of EG and probably the same of Vass and primarily chose to buy Vass now, so it's not an outright criticism. I think the differences noted above are...
Not in my experience, it's a heavy fabric and not see-through
Those available at the sample sale last autumn were Caruso for sure.
€712,50 is for a single-order pair. The latter MTO price includes the Group discount Carmina offers for orders of 6 pairs or more.Some people are quoting prices on this thread excluding tax / VAT as well. That's only applicable for those shipping outside Europe, and not liable for import tax / duty in their home country.
Not too bad in my experience, and the shop is large enough they get most people in the door at or shortly after the stated opening time.