or Connect

Posts by SimonC

+1 on this - I am an 11 in Carmina and a solid 46 in the New Peter; I also have a 45.5 in the Banana last but it's a shade too small.
Quick EG sale report: Slippers are £145 Shoes are £295 Handsewn shoes and ankle boots are £325 Boots are £375 There was a good selection across the sizes, with a mix between seconds, special orders and display models. As always, if you want a specific model, last and leather you'll be disappointed but if you have a broad idea such as a brown loafer in a 7 / 7.5E you'll probably come away with something. It wasn't actually as busy as I thought it might be upon opening,...
Faark - I really badly want one of these but it's OOS in a 40:
350cm x 150cm width (plus selvedge) of Dormeuil's fantastic Panoramic cloth (85% wool, 15% mohair and about 240g / 9oz) in an unusual navy with a rust pinstripe at an 8mm repeat. Comes in a Dormeuil presentation box, and retails at something stupid like £120/metre. Shipping worldwide at cost - roughly £8 UK / £12 Europe / £16 USA. If it's any less I'll refund the difference.
Good condition pair of John Lobb Norway (hand-sewn toe but not as exaggerated as the EG Dover) in brown calf on a Ridgeway sole. These were seconds because there is a (superficial) cut to one shoe, which I have clearly photographed. They also have a few small additional marks from use, though I've not worn them that much. An excellent pair of shoes which would be about £800 new from Lobb, or a lot cheaper here. Shipping at cost; £10 UK / £15 Europe / £20 USA and...
A very classic pair of suede Edward Green semi-brogues in the 606 last (square-toed version of the 202). These have (original, factory-fitted) waffle rubber soles fitted; the shoes are still fully goodyear welted so these can be replaced by a leather sole by EG at any time. They are in good, but not perfect, condition (hence the price). There is a small split in one sole at the ball of the foot, which has been stabilised by a cobbler. The soles also have more wear at the...
I got a great deal on this because it's missing the main tag at the neck; I've never worn it so I'm passing it on at cost (still has the spare button sachet attached to the inner tag). It is a size small RRL shawl collar cardigan in a slouchy blend of 55% silk and 45% cotton, in an olive colour. It has two storm buttons to fasten the collar all the way up, and double-thickness square patches of the same material on the elbows. Measurements are 22" P2P / 21" armpit to cuff...
Really good pricing on these, they are the older, better-quality Borrelli with handsewing everywhere and are in very good condition. The stripe is 60% cotton and 40% linen whilst the plain blue is a 50/50 blend. The check is pure cotton. The check and the plain blue are tagged 15.5" and measure: 24" P2P / 36" sleeve / 15.5" collar The blue stripe is tagged 15.75" and measures: 24.5" P2P / 36.5" sleeve / 16" collar Measurements are approximate, especially the collar -...
Low BIN for UK 11EE deadstock Trickers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-TRICKERS-INTERNATIONAL-DARK-BROWN-LEATHER-LACE-UP-SHOES-SIZE-11-EE-/290934200929
Funny, my sky blue 6a just arrived today from Mandon - at that price I couldn't refuse. Like others have said, the quality is astounding for the money. The fit is pretty slim (my 38, which would be my default size in anything, is more mid-layer than outer). The sky blue wouldn't be my first choice, but I can happily live with it.