or Connect

Posts by SimonC

I have two pairs of Barker Blacks which don't fit. They are both brand new in the box with bags. For those who've not handled a pair, the leather is of very good quality and the last shapes are great. At this price they are a steal - retail is in the £500 region. Haraboro captoe lace-ups in black calf. UK8 / US9. SOLD Wolfe loafers in black with 'bones' horsebit detail to the front. UK7.5 / US8.5 Asking £125, shipped from the UK at cost.
Very low BIN on a Valextra travel wallet / ladies purse (YMMV): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Valextra-Milano-Black-Leather-Womens-Wallet-/331375344590 Tidy looking Mark Cross dopp kit for a good price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mark-Cross-Gentleman-s-Toiletry-Dopp-Travel-Kit-Leather-XLNT-Cond-/151471766792 Bespoke British Warm overcoat http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-HIGH-RANK-OFFICERS-WOOL-GREATCOAT-SAVILE-ROW-LONDON-TAILOR-/381048784676
Mostly lurk here, mostly lurked today. Thanks to all though - good to see some stuff in person. Getting on a plane to London now, otherwise I'd have stayed longer and sampled some of that drink and cake...
+1, welt is cut closer than I have seen before. Great making.
Agreed - that looks stunning, find a reweaver (if necessary pay to ship it to someone highly reccommended) and pay what it costs to get the job done properly.
Well what are the chances - am in town that week. Will attend Friday if my schedule allows
I'm curious - for those who have shoes (or indeed other leather goods) made from this, what do you use to condition / polish / care for it?
I purchased this last year, but it's very similar to a Zegna jacket I have so it's not seen much use. Tobacco brown, four flapped / buttoned patch pockets, fairly heavyweight cotton with the usual unstructured and unlined style. 3 roll 2 buttoning. Plenty of pick stitching. Garment washed and gently distressed along the seams - note the size tag looks tattered but this is due to the garment washing process. Tagged as a Medium. I'd suggest this is about right for a 38 /...
I have too many cufflinks, so I'm hoping we can find a good home for a few pairs. I've picked these up from antique dealers over the years: 1. 9ct gold-mounted dog enamel portraits, with plain gold backs attached via a chain. Weight 6.53g. Looking for £100. SOLD 2. Carved amethyst faux-buttons, set in hallmarked gold (hallmarks indistinct); yellow gold to the chains and mounts, with white gold 'button holes' set with small mine-cut diamonds to each hole. Identical on...
Traded from the infamous RJMan a year or two ago, but it's too big for me and I've now managed to source one the right size. This is a real Moby Dick piece - exceptionally difficult to find and well worth all the effort. As many of you know, the Ballantyne cashmere mill in Scotland produced some of the best quality cashmere available, dense and robust yet exceptionally soft and luxurious. Sadly, the mill was poorly managed and passed through multiple owners in recent...