or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Schoeller in a variety of flavours:http://custom.luxire.com/apps/search-results#stq=schoeller&stp=1
This ^^^. They have slowly been introducing more fashion-forward / street elements into their line, as seen on their Tumblr:(although wholly accepted there is still a portion which is trying to be 'British Ralph Lauren'....
I had this conversation with my tailor recently. I'm tall and slim (38L in RTW) but they were adamant 3m of a solid colour should be fine, 3.5m if patterned. I think I got 4m just to be on the safe side.
Seems you're right, thank you for pointing that out - I've edited my post above too.
Carmia has poor resale - three times I have picked something up in their sale half off, decided against and then lost a further 50% selling on again.I think it's a combination of relatively unknown brand, related uncertainty on fit, and for shell the fact that IIRC incorrectly believed they don't use Horween.EDIT: Don't believe everything an SA tells you ;-)
That outfit sounds a bit over the top for an evening function in the city (London). White trousers, suede double monks and a pocket square definitely combine to signal 'dandy'. Most people will probably come from the office in a suit and lose the tie somewhere along the way. I don't know what else you have in your wardrobe. I'd either: a) Swap the trousers and shoes out for something more classic (Oxford shoes, tan or grey trousers). You'll be well dressed but the right...
@Kimistry Brown for me, blue is too short. @JonSmythe They will ride down over time or stay extended in situations the jacket sleeve is further up. As I say too often here, if you have come onto the web to ask the question it means it bothers you. Spend the extra few dollars and do it properly so you can relax in the knowledge your clothes fit properly. Otherwise you waste the initial investment in your clothes since it will always be in the back of your mind.
I'd consider something like a whipcord / cavalry twill. Just picking the example of Dugdale's White Rose Caldonaire:Something like the above, or from another mill with a hint of green to it, would give you something formal enough to match with an odd jacket, warm enough to do well in winter, and yet also not look out of place with a jumper or cardigan.
Depends. Can you get the cut and styling you want RTW? Then go that route. If you want something that's not available or you are hard to fit then bespoke.I've got custom moleskin and cord trousers because I couldn't find what I wanted off the peg.
Please could I request some assistance? I've ordered a shirt jacket; here is Luxire's stock image: They have given me the following measurements for the 'stock' collar: one piece collar Collar point: 2 5/8" Collar center height: 3 3/4" Lapel: 3" Notch: 1 3/4" I'm trying to reconcile the measurements and descriptions to the various parts of the collar. Is anyone more knowledgable than me able to assist? If it helps I'm trying to bring the measurements down so the...