or Connect

Posts by SimonC

I have a bit of a thing for old English cloth - I was sorting out this afternoon and thought I'd share photos of a few bolts. I suspect I have more than I could ever get made up into suits (a lot more than is shown here), but as the saying goes "they don't make it like they used to": And the last photo is a length of Holland and Holland silk, which I'm keeping until I find a project for it:
As I walked past Richard Anderson this morning they had a lovely sportcoat made from the Ardalanish diamond twill fabric. I would have taken a photo but I was on the 'phone at the time.
This is a stunning unlined and unstructured jacket made from a knitted / jersey-style cashmere by Ballantyne in Italy (I know some of their jackets were by Caruso, not sure about this one?). It has two patch lower pockets, and an inset breast pocket with a curved barchetta style. The inside of the jacket is very neatly finished with piping, and the sleeves are fully lined with no cuff buttons (making it easier to alter the sleeve length). It is tagged as a 40, but might...
These were an online purchase that didn't work out; the sizing is a little different from my other Trickers. They were worn once (inside) and then I put heel cushions in and wore them again before giving up! They are the Sloane model in black calfskin on a single leather channeled sole. You can see from the photos how little wear they've had. They will come complete with the original box, shoe bags, polishing cloth and care guide. One of my darling children sat on the box...
This is a beautiful pair of deadstock Henry Maxwell bespoke captoe Oxfords, made when the firm was based at 11 Savile Row and before they were subsumed into Foster & Son of Jermyn Street. They fit me, and I would suggest they are therefore about a UK11 / US11.5 in a regular to slightly wider width (they are regular at the heel, but generous in the toebox due to the last style). The outsole measures 31.5cm long at the longest and 10.8cm wide at the widest. They are very...
Fascinating thread, I have just finished reading it end to end. Thank you to all who have contributed. I have a question about the Metta Catharina leather. There seems to be a lot of this in circulation, with one high-profile brand even selling luggage. Often it is marketed as something like 'Russia Leather'. I am wondering if it is all the genuine article, retrieved from the seabed, or whether there is a supplier(s) who have reproduced the style effectively enough to be...
That's two patterns already. Shirt looks a little rustic, almost like a tattersall, which is an interesting combo with the pinstripes. That notwithstanding I'd pair a solid tie with it in one of the colours of the shirt check, but perhaps something with a bit of surface interest like a grenadine?
Tusting is good solid quality - prices seem to be creeping up but they are robustly made and wear well. Not a massive fan of the pre-antiques hardware. The Kudu suede leather is very good, I'm less keen on some of the waxed leathers but it's personal preference and they are hardy. Overall the leathers won't take on as much character with age as those from some other brands.Goldpfeil quality is variable - that bag doesn't look bad but would sell for perhaps a third of that...
That should clean up fine - Myron Glaser reccommended using Nivea. It's an excellent price.
SoSorry - both UK sizes