or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Here you go:http://custom.luxire.com/products/tpr-black-elephant-geometric-print-on-orange-jersey-tpr_orange_black_elephant_geometric_print_jsy_38
@Luxire; do you have any printed / patterned fabrics in stock which are a suitable weight to make into pants? Just curious about something a little fun for holiday wear (so not too expensive, ~USD100), inspired by the Orange Elephant Print:
Unlined means that even with fusing it's not going to be too stiff (since there's not a large volume of material to fuse together), so 'body' is just another term for structure, e.g. "soft but with some structure".
Yes, it's called a Hollywood waistband, or sometimes Drop Loop. Some will try to say it conforms to the lower back curves better, since there's not a horizontal seam across the fabric. To be honest, I think more than anything it's a marketing tool for Oxxford these days. So long as you have the necessary pattern drafting skills, I see no reason it can't be made at home. On the inside of the waistband you'll have the normal construction technique.
Surely this depends on the measurements you give them? For me, I use a pattern which does specifically have a higher back vs. front rise:
I'm not a tailor. I've also tried to not comment on anything that's a stylistic rather than technical matter.To my eyes you have too much ease through the upper front of the coat, leading to it puffing out above the buttoning point. This is worst where the pocket square accentuates it, but can be seen on the wearer's right hand side too.Conversely the skirts are cut quite trim, which exacerbates the effect of a jacket which looks too top heavy.The shoulders and sleevehead...
Creasing will always occur where there is surplus fabric which has been adjusted in. Best way to resolve it is just to specify a smaller waist measurement so there is less surplus.
It's my favourite Luxire own-label fabric. Currently getting a shirt jacket made up in it too (not for wear with the pants, can have too much of a good thing).
I think you're asking in the wrong place. This is the 'Classic Menswear' section of a forum dedicated to 'style'. The term 'cosplay' is an abbreviation of 'costume play'. I'm not going to make any value judgements on whether you should or should not wear it, but the term implies it's not intended for everyday public wear.