or Connect

Posts by SimonC

On the latest batch of Luxire tumblr uploads: http://luxirecustom.tumblr.com/post/138724751005/luxire-pants-constructed-in-aura-herbal-indigo "Luxire pants constructed in Aura Herbal Indigo Denim" Can @Luxire give more details - the fabric isn't showing up on the site?
Via domestic Indian post? Yes, quite possibly lost but worth waiting a little longer to be sure. Unfortunately perhaps a cautionary tale for others - India is one of those countries it's worth paying extra for a courier service.
It's not quite '2 rows'. Inner 'row' is indeed a full length of buttons to cover the fly. I'll readily admit this is personal preference but once you're used to it, it takes no longer than a fly and with less risk of 'entanglement'.Outer 'row' is actually just two buttons, and there's then a flap of lining that comes across to attach. Means even if you undo everything else the trousers remain in place and secure.
Apologies for the awful photos, but this is a pair of chinos and a pair of the Apple fresco cotton, flat front with side adjusters and no belt loops:
I'd look at the vintage heavy linens - not a blend but heavy enough that the propensity to crease is ameliorated. I have both and prefer the ecru largely for the increased practicality, but if you are nowhere near food, wine or small children the off white is also great:http://custom.luxire.com/products/linen_off-white_heavy_vintagehttp://custom.luxire.com/products/linen_natural_ecru_heavy_vintage
I'd go with a plain hem. Pleated, cuffed pants are going to make you stand out too much given you are still young and in an industry that is both conservative and judgemental.
Will post photos in the morning, but everything Luxire has made for me (chinos, wool pants, corduroy etc) has no belt loops but side adjusters. Personal preference - I'd just rather not have a belt, I think the lines are cleaner without.I think side adjusters are more effective on lighter fabrics, but overall if your pants are made to the right measurements (should be possible if you are going custom) nothing should fall down, the adjusters offer the opportunity to...
Let's agree to disagree but if I saw someone wearing that, absent external context, I'd assume they couldn't afford a proper coat.Perhaps that's what many are finding offensive - for the asking price you could have a coat handmade especially for you by someone whose tailoring skills are world-class, and you could have a fair choice of fabrics including either a unique vintage deadstock cloth or something very luxurious.That coat is made of disassembled thrift-store...
The Thrifting thread is a trove of knowledge and information on these sort of things / guidance on whether thrift items are worth purchasing.
Agreed - Jeffery Diduch's suit dissections were some of the best blog content ever, and should be required reading for anyone posting here.Mostly true; but as Sarto says every tailor produces inconsistent results. I have one mystery tailor (never mentioned online) and one who has been rubbished by some but produces acceptable results to my eye.