or Connect

Posts by SimonC

The term 'drape' can be used in two contexts:1. Generally how a fabric hangs (e.g. in a smooth line). Usually correlated with weight but clearly something that is stiffly woven will not hang well, whereas there are lightweight fabrics that exhibit drape.2. The 'drape' cut, exemplified by Anderson & Sheppard. A suit made with additional allowance over the upper chest and shoulder blades, giving freedom of movement and comfort but also a distinctive aesthetic.
Sorry for the delay - 18.75cm long by 10.5cm wide whilst folded.
Brand new, never worn. Made from 9oz Irish linen in a cream colour. T wo piece, three button unvented. Trousers are single pleat, with side adjusters. Plenty of hand pick stitching, and all buttonholes sewn by hand. Measurements are as follows: 21" Chest, pit to pit 32" Length, measured from bottom of collar to hem 26" Sleeve 17.5" Shoulder 34" Trouser waist 31.5" Inseam 8" Leg width at hem 2" cuff; possibility to length inseam by ~4" if removed My price includes...
Vintage Morabito baby crocodile billfold:
I have three two bolts of Minnis Fresco, the 3 ply 14/15oz variant. I can cut to length, in increments of 0.25m, and will charge accordingly. The two colours I have are: 1. Plain navy 2. 'RAF' blue with a subtle mottled effect ALL SOLD 3. Mid grey Pricing is GBP25 per metre including UK shipping, GBP30 per metre shipped within Europe and GBP35 anywhere else (e.g. Americas, Asia). This is all I have, so when it's gone there will be no more. I have about 3 suit lengths...
Images showing transparency here:http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/21900_50#post_8358530No need to line all the way - to the knee if preferred for comfort but any more rather overlooks the purpose of a summer fabric.
It's lovely stuff in that it has a great handle and drape but wears harder than others that compare in that department, but it depends what premium you are paying.On a pure value for money basis you're best off with the classic worsteds from brands such as Minnis or Dugdale and giving up a little luxury. If you are comparing to Super 150s/ cashmere blends from Scabal and the like then Golden Bale is a great choice in my eyes.
Cotton also wears a lot cooler than wool, weight for weight. I have 14oz flannel trousers that are unbearably hot in situations where a 22oz moleskin / 24oz corduroy would be fine.
I've hoarded these for a long time, and have come to accept I'm never going to use them. They are marked Cartier Paris, and were purchased from the Cartier boutique on Bond Street, London probably 20+ years ago. Looking at the stitching, it seems as though they were handsewn. Inside is what I believe is burgundy goatskin or fine calfskin, whilst outside is the most stunning burgundy baby crocodile. On the wallet, the whole outside is made from one single skin. The corners...
Thread necro. Having a tidy up and just thought I would post a few photos of some wallets and accessories I came across: Deadstock 50s French hand saddle-sewn wallet: Vintage wallet, probably 20s or 30s Mark Cross passport holder / travel wallet: Another pre-war wallet, this time from Mappin and Webb: The jewel in the crown, unused Cartier coat wallet and matching jotter in a stunning burgundy: