or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Not Edward Green, certainly C&J - for example the open channel stitching to the sole, the heel treatment, and the way the size is written in (C&J mainline production is usually stamped, but for special orders like this it's sometimes written in by hand).I don't know if there's a specific mainline production model that is equivalent. They could be pretty recent, I've certainly purchased C&Js that look like that in the past couple of years.
Pics to follow, but my latest Luxire order just arrived. Last of the Green Apple Fresco plus more....
I'm going to suggest the only way you get opaque with durability is to add some synthetic into the blend. Perhaps like the old / contentious chambray....I don't know of anything Luxire offers meeting your description, but you can try mailing them?
They probably got the response and are making with the alternate fabric but haven't got back to mailing you yet.Otherwise, just have patience (which I can say with a straight face, I have 5 items on order). It's just part of the Luxire experience....
The picture of the pair you posted looks too dark. Classic pairing is either:- Tropical wool, mid-light grey- Dress chinos- Wool flannel (also mid-light grey)Luxire has choices in all the above for under $200 and you can tweak the fit and styling to your preferences. Not such a good option if you don't have a pair of well-fitting pants you can take base measurements off though.
This. As of last winter shoes were €390 for the classic lasts and €420 for the modern lasts. If anything the surprise is that they have harmonised pricing, more than the nominal €30 price increase on the modern lasts.
It is, but they were part of a larger order so I don't know if everything else is ready yet. No shipping confirmation as yet....
[[SPOILER]] Those look like mine - hopefully that means my order is coming soon...
Always going to be a risk, but ensuring the cut is not too boxy will help. Otherwise, bring some colour in with the shirt (e.g. blue) and make are the tie is not too dark, probably avoid solids. Make sure you wear a pocket square, no self respecting hit man would...
If you're working in legal, that's about it in terms of colours - although green tweed and slubby tobacco linen are beloved on SF (and for good reason) they'll probably not fly / be a good investment of your money given you'll probably not get a chance to wear them in the office.Get solids first - a plain navy and a plain charcoal (potentially with a little heathering / variegation).Then perhaps move onto a subtle pattern - small-scale herringbone, sharkskin /...