or Connect

Posts by SimonC

There's a couple of good UK watch forums, which you can get good s/h deals on. They're generally focussed the more upmarket brands, but hang around and wait until you see something you like; TZ-UK The Watch Forum You don't mention where you are in the UK, so I'll only deal with online merchants. You may be surprised what you can get on Amazon, and they often have decent sales Amazon 70% off watches Watch Hut also look reasonable, but I've never used them...
I read both. Will's posts are, as others have noted, often rather short, albiet informative. Simon's posts on PS 'suffer' from a number of the same maladies (I'd be a happy man if Will never mentioned Drakes again, nor Simon mention Lodger), but are overall more insightful due to being longer, and to be honest are probably more attuned to someone of my age, income and clothing budget. Being London-based matters somewhat as well - if Simon mentions something interesting...
Well I did quite well today - a pair of Alden oxblood cordovan penny loafers, very lightly worn, £25 / $40.
Just resurrecting an old thread with two updates; 1. Simon Crompton (no relation to me) has provided a photo-documentary of the construction of his Graham Browne suit online, starting here My First English Bespoke Suit 2. Graham Browne are having a sale - £650 buys you a full bespoke two-piece suit (waistcoat an additional £180 if you need one) made from selected bunches. Nothing too fancy, but solid-looking cloth of reasonable quality
Regarding the Kilgour sale I've posted a seperate thread - having been this morning there are some great deals and lots of sizes - I only came away with a pair of dark brown C&J lace-ups for £100, but if I were a little shorter I'd have gone crazy on the sample suits at £200 and jackets at £100. There's a bit of true bespoke thrown in there, presumably uncollected items - there was a suit marked as being made for Carlo Brandelli, which made me laugh...
Kilgour Store Refurbishment Sale The Music Room, 26 South Moulton Lane, London W1K 5AB 6th - 8th August, 10am - 7pm (4pm on the 8th) Crockett & Jones shoes £100 Main line clothing; Suits £280 Jackets £150 Overcoats £300 / Raincoats £150 Shirts £35 Limited stock sample clothing: Suits £200 Jackets £100 Overcoats £200 Shirts £25 There's a good selection of items in all sizes, though it's all 'one length' so beware if you're...
Well I popped in for another look today (10 minute queuing outside, 20 minutes selecting items, and then 45 minutes in the queue for the checkout!); Tan 'Hunting Blazer' - Loro Piana storm system cotton with lots of pockets, and insulated lining. Very nicely made. Still making my mind up about it though... Five different pairs of trousers at £5 each - cords, linen, cotton A pair of braces for a friend A pair of Made in England lambskin gloves £10 A...
For those in London, this may be worth a look (on until Sunday) I went this morning - suits (including dinner suits) are £150 for two, fitted jackets 2 for £100, shirts 5 for £50, trousers £10. There are all sorts of oddments including quality braces, silk pocket squares, lots of ties etc. It's the best-stocked sample sale I've ever seen - frustratingly many of the suit jackets don't have matching trousers, but there must literally be thousands of suits / jackets on...
I was in Ede & Ravenscroft on Chancery Lane, London this afternoon buying a jacket, and they have a range of Edward Green shoes (various styles, various sizes - only the Chelsea in black in my size) for £295 in the sale. I don't know if they ship internationally, I don't have specific information on stock (other than at 5.30 this afternoon they had the Chelsea on the 82 last in 11D, E and F), but I thought someone might appreciate the heads-up.
FS: Crockett & Jones Handgrade Austerity Brogues 11E Up for sale is a pair of C&J Handgrade 'Ormond' (seem identical to the Tavistock) austerity brogues in black. They're a UK size 11E. They have been fitted with a Topy sole since new, so the leather sole underneath is in immaculate condition. The uppers are also excellent, with no scuffs, scrapes or nicks. I'm asking $175 shipped worldwide, and will add photos this afternoon.