Posts by SimonC

I've had this problem too - I'm not going to check right now, but I suspect it was that very fabric. They come out around Christmas as a novelty, and in the hottest days of summer when no-one cares
To my eyes, yes it is slightly too short - in the order of 0.5-0.75". This is partly because the rest of the fit is so classic including the pants length, whilst the jacket is of a contemporary length.It doesn't look so, particularly based on the second photo - I don't see that the tie is cinching the collar to hold it on your neck, but neither do I see the collar slipping down due to being too large. However, to be certain you are going to need to wash it and see what...
From my personal collection / hoard, I am offering this lovely handmade vintage crocodile wallet. It's somewhere between a billfold and breast wallet size, and has the most amazing skin which extends in a single piece across both sides of the wallet. Inside on one side there are two large flat compartments, whilst on the other side is a single card slot, a similar smaller slot (stamps?) and a larger gusseted pocket. Spanning the whole of the wallet behind the other...
From my collection / hoard, I have this absolutely stunning billfold wallet made by Morabito of Paris, a one-time competitor to Hermes who had an opulent store at 1 Place Vendome, Paris. It is made of two impeccably matched baby crocodile skins in burgundy leather, and entire hand saddle-stitched around the edge with very small, precise stitches. Inside there is a gold-embossed 'Morabito Paris' logo, and three increasingly-sized bill sections with a small retaining slide...
A trio of cashmere ties with unlined tips, with the first pressed into action this morning:
All prices include letterpost shipping from London, England: The A list - £25 each: 1. Holland & Holland red and brown unicorn and hunting beasts (IMG_2454) On Hold 2. Drakes for Ede & Ravenscroft blue and purple birds of paradise (IMG_2466) On Hold 3. Drakes red dragons on gold (IMG_2467) On Hold 4. Holland & Holland brown and orange unicorn and hunting beasts (IMG_2468) On Hold Good stuff - £15 each 5. Drakes cotton white / yellow / blue bicycles (IMG_2455) On...
Alfred Sargent? They have a number of lines and thus quality levels, but broadly speaking a notch or two below Crockett & Jones, unless you are comparing C&J Benchgrade to AS Exclusive when the win probably goes to AS.Construction is broadly similar - a few more corners are likely to be cut with AS mainline compared to C&J such as the use of slightly lower grade leather or a higher potential for some synthetic components in the internal construction of the shoe. Both are...
Good by mainstream standards and can offer excellent quality-price ratio if purchased on sale. But not as good as the upper echelons such as Begg.Fold in a square / rectangle to fit the pocket width, and then place into the pocket with the 'open' edges of the fold facing upward. Fan it out a little by hand.
Interesting - my understanding is Luxire always pre-shrink. But my experience with different shirting fabrics from them suggests the reality is there will still be further shrinkage.
I machine washed a pair of my cotton Luxire trousers once, in accordance with the instructions, and they shrunk a small amount. Just enough to be a little tight on the waist and go from a little break to no break.After that experience, I just pay to get them dry cleaned if they need it.