or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Luxire sorted me out :-)
Hoping to order but having problems with the discount code so I've mailed Luxire. Fingers crossed...
Excellent price for some Maftei: http://www.ebay.de/itm/MAFTEI-Vienna-Elegante-Herrenschuhe-Voll-Echtleder-Schwarz-Eu-40-Made-in-Austria-/271768419407
I've used Richard James Weldon before - popped in there and paid cash. I believe they will ship but their rates can be expensive.Another London-based merchant I've had luck with who may do mail order is Button Queen in Marylebone.
Up for sale is 3.1m of charcoal grey chalkstripe worsted from H Lesser, in a 13oz weight. I don't need to emphasise the virtues of Lesser's very classic English cloth with a dry, firm hand. This should be one of the essentials in your wardrobe, and this price is well below what it would cost you to buy direct. Shipping from London, England at cost or free for UK buyers.
Yes they do.
I fell in love with this fabric from Marling & Evans - it was an undelivered custom order so I had to buy the bolt to get a length for myself. I believe it's a heavily milled / napped worsted weave, and in a medium weight (I'd guess 13/14oz). It has a beautiful soft handle and should make up very nicely indeed. At the time of writing I have 10 metres remaining - I'm looking for £20 per metre or £180 for the whole bolt. This is less than half what you'd pay buying direct...
I picked up a bolt of cloth from Marling & Evans. I'll get a jacket made in due course, but I have listed the rest of the bolt in B&S if anyone else is interested.
Lovely jacket by Corneliani from their 'Trend' range; made in Italy from pure linen, in a mid grey with the characteristic slubs and variegation. Three patch pockets, and very little lining internally - just across the shoulders. Unstructured but very well cut. Single rear vent. Excellent condition with no defects. Asking 75 plus shipping from London, England. Measurements are as follows: Pit to pit 24" Sleeve 26.5" Shoulders 20" Length from bottom of collar 33"
I purchased these from Ron's blowout last year, but they're a shade too small so I've not worn them. Both excellent quality by the same factory in Italy - one branded for Paul Stuart (grained tassel pair) and one branded for La Cordonnerie Anglaise (red suede laced pair). Both marked as Euro 44 / sold by Ron as US size 11 which I think is accurate. Brand new, unworn (no boxes) - shipping from London, England at cost. $55 a pair which is what they owe me.