or Connect

Posts by SimonC

I suspect Smedley
Yes, I just double checked. I think the $69.99 have no handwork. Presumably the costing at $90 takes into account the extra effort given they will not have worked with the fabric before.
$90 when I asked recently, I think $60 is for shirts.
This is a truly stunning piece; unfortunately my photos don't do it justice. It's made by Longhi, a top-quality Italian manufacturer (in)famous for the 'tubo' belts. This jacket is in the classic A1 style with dark blue ribbed collar, hem and cuffs. The remainder of the jacket is made from suede, unlined and finished on both sides so that you can either have the napped or plain finished side facing out. The pockets are ingeniously done so the flaps can be pushed through...
Stunning bespoke flannel suit in a navy chalkstripe by renowned Hong Kong tailors A-Man. Recent, 2 button SB front with double vents to the rear and straight flapped pockets. Trousers are single pleated, zip fly, two straight side pockets and two buttoned pockets to rear, side adjusters. Jacket: 20" Pit to pit 31.5" bottom of collar to hem 24.5" sleeve 18" shoulders, straight across Trousers 29" waist + 2.5" to let out 33" inseam, plain hem, nothing to let down 8.75"...
Great BIN for a Papworth top-frame case in what seems to be good condition (£1625 new on the Papworth / SAB site): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Papworth-black-leather-briefcase-/121645493869
+1; some silk trousers would be splendid.
These are mine and have just arrived with me this morning. Luxire did a sterling job, they really are very nicely made and the cream / ecru pairs are heavy (a good thing).Looking forward to my VBC order now...
It's worth asking Vass. As it was explained to me, it's primarily about building up the last as required to give more room, once they have determined which last and size is the best initial fit for your feet. It's not about re-shaping the last for aesthetic reasons since this then has fit implications. You're only paying ~200eur for the work, which I suspect gets eaten up fairly rapidly.
+1Unless they have changed their approach recently, this involves them taking a stock last and making some amendments to it to improve fit. More MTM than bespoke, but nonetheless worthwhile to get a comfortable fit when it's otherwise not possible.