or Connect

Posts by SimonC

A few pages back there was some concern Simon had become uncontactable. Has this changed?
It was if the jacket is comparatively roomy / boxy in cut yet the trousers are now slim. You need to ensure harmony in the dimensions of both parts of the suit.Yes, a bit. But only you can know for sure whether it will bug you enough every time that you wear the shirt that it's worth paying the extra $10. I think you know the answer, because you asked the question...
I read it differently. If you send in a garment and advise changes to be made, they will make those when creating your original pattern.I guess if further changes are requested in successive orders, they modify from that original pattern. So they can always go back to it if needed.
Personal view, he's already got a pretty high contrast outfit with a black suit and white shirt. I'd avoid a dark tie for two reasons - one being further increasing the contrast and two being it looks too much like a uniform. I'd probably avoid a white PS for the same reasonI'd consider either a grey tie (bridging the gap between the black and white) or getting something with a neat pattern / repp that will bring something to the...
To my knowledge the former is the correct etymology for the term.
Tastes vary, but I wouldn't advise chosing patterned odd trousers for a 'formal / business' wear. It will just look like you forgot to put your jacket on.
Holy calamity batman! @UrbanComposition is selling some great Vass at stupid prices: http://www.styleforum.net/t/523122/vass-250-41-and-41-5-chukka-and-galosh-oxford
Unwritten Rules of Menswear, Volume 3, Chapter 12, Section IIa:The Order of the Lapel ChainAdmission to the Order of the Lapel Chain shall only be granted to those who have made personal pilgrimage to Pitti Uomo.Wearing of the Lapel Chain is admissible in the following circumstances:i. Within 3 nautical miles of Pitti Uomoii. In the presence of no less than three certified members of the iGentryiii. In the presence of a men's style journalistFailure to adhere to these...
Yes, higher supers will be more delicate than an all-round cloth. And cheaper supers will often be more fragile than more expensive ones since they use lower-quality fleece (e.g. shorter staples, whilst still of the same micron diameter to achieve the supers rating).But honestly, it's a suit. You shouldn't have just one. And you shouldn't have anything which is delicate enough you feel cautious wearing it. Just use it, enjoy it, and buy enough suits you're not wearing it...
Friday evening is to my mind quite a casual time. Whilst a suit is technically 'business attire', if you look across most workplaces that term encompasses much wider options including a sportcoat.As such, I don't think the shade of grey should be a significant determinant - if it's the only well-fitting suit you own, then wear it. If you have an even-better fitting subdued sportcoat, consider that instead.