or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Very excited about the technical fabrics - with a 36" inseam I'm not able to find waterproof trousers anywhere...
Looks fine to me, photos are not the best but that type of open weave is susceptible to this, and I'd just trim off the excess threads with a pair of scissors. Props to SS for offering such a good set of options to you though.
Good clarification but I think the point still stands that mid or dark brown calfskin will be a better choice than suede
Bad idea. Luxire's execution will be spot on but it will be obvious they are not the original trousers. Give away or sell the suit and start again.
Suede is inherently casual, but that shoe is closed-laced which brings it back up the formal scale. I personally wouldn't wear it, but I can't imagine too many people will notice or disapprove.
Works 50% of the time. I just gave up and went back to bookmarking pages.
Another one wearing heavyweight Luxire trousers in the cold snap, in this case the 'Mid Grey Wool Flannel 100% Wool'. Although only 12oz they are thick as anything and the warmest Luxire pants I have.
There's not much adjustment, especially on thicker fabrics. So in practice you have enough to give a little ease after a full meal, but not if you eat that way for a fortnight and gain 5 lbs.In my experience works fine without a jacket. It also works well (jacket required here) on pants with braces, since it gives that small amount of adjustability that is needed in the absence of a belt.
I'm just not wearing this, so time to find a new wardrobe for it to live in. We've had great times together. Boglioli K Jacket, about 10 years old so the sizing is a little more classic than their current block. Tagged a 40 and fits true to size. All the usual great Boglioli deconstructed styling. Purchased from upscale retailer Bamford & Sons on Sloane Square. For some reason there's no fabric tag, but this is either pure cashmere or a blend with a small portion of...
Beautiful US-made made-to-measure pure slubby silk jacket from Sulka, with fantastic 'Sulka' enamelled gilt buttons. Single vent, notch lapels (no buttoniere), cuffs are non-functioning so easy to adjust length, regular flapped pockets. Measurements are as follows: Chest 22" pit to pit Sleeves 25.5" Bottom of collar to hem 32" Shoulders 18" Price is plus shipping from London, England. Collection welcomed.