Posts by SimonC

Am so up for this, especially for a pair of trousers...
Can @dieworkwear get this onto the PTO blog?
Seller has two pairs of unworn Foster & Sons bespoke for a fair price (F&S sell these off in their Christmas sale, pricing then is ~£900+ per pair), they'll also accept...
Two lovely ties from the Italian maker Antonio Muro, sold through A Suitable Wardrobe. Both pure linen, 4" wide and 63" long. Asking £25 per tie, or £40 for both including UK postage. Shipping to Europe adds £4, worldwide £8.
Lightweight ~8-9oz grey with a tan pinstripe. Two-button single-breasted with double vents and working cuffs, pants are cuffed and pleated. Measurements are as follows: Jacket chest pit to pit 21" Shoulders 18" Sleeve 25.25" Jacket length back of collar to hem 32.5" Trouser outseam 40" Trouser inseam 30", around 2" to let down Waist 34", around 1" to let out Leg width at cuff 8.5" I'll let the photos do most of the talking, but the level of handwork in this suit is...
Purchased from RL a couple of years ago, worn perhaps twice. Tagged as a size small and fits true to size. Light blue linen, fairly lighweight fabric. Soft casual one-piece collar, and thick mother of pearl buttons. Made in Italy. Asking £30, postage within Europe adds £4 and worldwide £8.
Fair price for deadstock Holland & Holland (by C&J?) veldtschoen: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262901616578?_mwBanner=1
Rangoon, I agree. Fresco, particularly in the heavier weights, can work well as a sportcoat in my experience. I have an SB Fresco sportcoat, quarter lined with smoked MoP buttons and it's great for travel.
I am laughing at the concept that the 'technology wasn't there'. Whilst there have undeniably been some advances in yarn techology in the past decade or two, I would suggest that we've lost more weaving technology than we have gained over that period, due to the consolidation in the industry, retirement of those with the knowledge and also loss of the machinery they used to use.Rangoon is still available from Minnis on a special order basis, but to my mind it's one of the...
Stunning Nagy bespoke captor brogues with three piece trees: http://m.ebay.de/itm/252819590742?_mwBanner=1