or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Well the thing is, for the target demographic there will be no jacket underneath - probably just a t shirt or polo shirt. So no need for the additional room.In terms of social explanation, in the mid to late 1990s there was a trend amongst the lower socioeconomic classes to wear what were previously upper-middle class brands. Most infamously the Burberry Nova check, but also Barbour quilted jackets (being cheaper than the waxed ones, perhaps) and Hackett polos.Some brands...
Here in the UK they are recently popular with a younger crowd, who tend to wear them tighter - and I think Barbour has responded with some slim-cut models. However, I'd suggest unless you are below 25 that Liddesdale seems to fit appropriately for the nature and style of the garment.
Sadly not - hard to find the good stuff :-)
I've had this problem too - I'm not going to check right now, but I suspect it was that very fabric. They come out around Christmas as a novelty, and in the hottest days of summer when no-one cares
To my eyes, yes it is slightly too short - in the order of 0.5-0.75". This is partly because the rest of the fit is so classic including the pants length, whilst the jacket is of a contemporary length.It doesn't look so, particularly based on the second photo - I don't see that the tie is cinching the collar to hold it on your neck, but neither do I see the collar slipping down due to being too large. However, to be certain you are going to need to wash it and see what...
From my personal collection / hoard, I am offering this lovely handmade vintage crocodile wallet. It's somewhere between a billfold and breast wallet size, and has the most amazing skin which extends in a single piece across both sides of the wallet. Inside on one side there are two large flat compartments, whilst on the other side is a single card slot, a similar smaller slot (stamps?) and a larger gusseted pocket. Spanning the whole of the wallet behind the other...
From my collection / hoard, I have this absolutely stunning billfold wallet made by Morabito of Paris, a one-time competitor to Hermes who had an opulent store at 1 Place Vendome, Paris. It is made of two impeccably matched baby crocodile skins in burgundy leather, and entire hand saddle-stitched around the edge with very small, precise stitches. Inside there is a gold-embossed 'Morabito Paris' logo, and three increasingly-sized bill sections with a small retaining slide...
A trio of cashmere ties with unlined tips, with the first pressed into action this morning:
All prices include letterpost shipping from London, England: The A list - £25 each: 1. Holland & Holland red and brown unicorn and hunting beasts (IMG_2454) On Hold 2. Drakes for Ede & Ravenscroft blue and purple birds of paradise (IMG_2466) On Hold 3. Drakes red dragons on gold (IMG_2467) On Hold 4. Holland & Holland brown and orange unicorn and hunting beasts (IMG_2468) On Hold Good stuff - £15 each 5. Drakes cotton white / yellow / blue bicycles (IMG_2455) On...
Alfred Sargent? They have a number of lines and thus quality levels, but broadly speaking a notch or two below Crockett & Jones, unless you are comparing C&J Benchgrade to AS Exclusive when the win probably goes to AS.Construction is broadly similar - a few more corners are likely to be cut with AS mainline compared to C&J such as the use of slightly lower grade leather or a higher potential for some synthetic components in the internal construction of the shoe. Both are...