or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Agreed - that looks stunning, find a reweaver (if necessary pay to ship it to someone highly reccommended) and pay what it costs to get the job done properly.
Well what are the chances - am in town that week. Will attend Friday if my schedule allows
I'm curious - for those who have shoes (or indeed other leather goods) made from this, what do you use to condition / polish / care for it?
I purchased this last year, but it's very similar to a Zegna jacket I have so it's not seen much use. Tobacco brown, four flapped / buttoned patch pockets, fairly heavyweight cotton with the usual unstructured and unlined style. 3 roll 2 buttoning. Plenty of pick stitching. Garment washed and gently distressed along the seams - note the size tag looks tattered but this is due to the garment washing process. Tagged as a Medium. I'd suggest this is about right for a 38 /...
I have too many cufflinks, so I'm hoping we can find a good home for a few pairs. I've picked these up from antique dealers over the years: 1. 9ct gold-mounted dog enamel portraits, with plain gold backs attached via a chain. Weight 6.53g. Looking for £100. SOLD 2. Carved amethyst faux-buttons, set in hallmarked gold (hallmarks indistinct); yellow gold to the chains and mounts, with white gold 'button holes' set with small mine-cut diamonds to each hole. Identical on...
Traded from the infamous RJMan a year or two ago, but it's too big for me and I've now managed to source one the right size. This is a real Moby Dick piece - exceptionally difficult to find and well worth all the effort. As many of you know, the Ballantyne cashmere mill in Scotland produced some of the best quality cashmere available, dense and robust yet exceptionally soft and luxurious. Sadly, the mill was poorly managed and passed through multiple owners in recent...
Cool but crazy Edward Green evening pumps http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDWARD-GREEN-SHOES-EDINBURG-STYLE-SLIPPER-UK-9-9-5-DARK-NAVY-PATENT-NEW-/261597666553 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDWARD-GREEN-SHOES-EDINBURG-STYLE-SLIPPER-UK-9-9-5-RACING-GREEN-PATENT-NEW-/261597701374 And some pretty unusual Grenson Masterpiece loafers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grenson-Masterpiece-Edward-Green-Loafers-/121440222976 Asprey Pimms...
I have two very classic Ede & Ravenscroft sportcoats which are not getting any use. Both are notch lapel, two button, hacking pockets, twin vents, and with a removable throat latch which fastens to the inside of jacket when not in use. Condition is very good - they have been worn but I see no defects or flaws to them. Both were purchased new by me from Ede & Ravenscroft on the top of Savile Row (Burlington Gardens) for £395 each. One is a tan coloured tweed with a cream...
Crockett & Jones Cavendish for me, in black - wearable with most suits here in the UK. The last works very well for my feet. In suede I think they'd make a good weekend shoe; plain brown I can't see being much use as both the colour and style are too casual for the office but probably too smart for a weekend.
Can sometimes be found at discount; my initial impressions (I do not own, but have handled) is that you can do better for the money via something like Loake's 1880 range.