or Connect

Posts by SimonC

Yes - my Norweger have cut edges which have been stitched together. My Osloer have a raised ridge which has been stitched to keep it that way but is essentially one piece of leather across the toolbox versus three pieces on the Norweger. Both pairs are the stock mods ordered from Vass.
Photos above are in their current state.
Stunning pair of Anthony Cleverley (Cleverley's top-line RTW - £995 from Cleverley / $1700 from A Suitable Wardrobe). This is the Bodie model in museum calf. They are a UK10.5 'E' width; the fit is pretty comparable to something like EG's 888 - slightly longer in the toebox but equally sleek. Purchased from Cleverley here in London, but they've only been worn twice - I've gone a bit wild with shoe purchases this year and these just aren't getting the use. This is the...
Everything was reduced.Some real deals, which I suspect would have gone quickly:- Caruso lightweight jackets (cashmere/silk, linen, Loro Piana silk / wool / linen blend) with a handsewn buttoniere for £150- Tan suede bucks for £50/pair- Cashmere sweaters for £70, sleeveless for £50- Pocket squares £20- Scarves from £30They did seem to have more stock out the back, which they were bringing out as items were sold. And they did have a big selection of wool and cashmere...
Asking a really low price for this, since I got a great deal but the fit doesn't work for me. Very dark blue / black, with enamelled 'B' Belvest buttons to chest and cuff. 2/6 buttoning double breasted with peak lapels. As to be expected of Belvest, it's fantastic quality and the lapel roll is really beautiful. Tagged a 38 Regular, measurements are as follows: Chest pit to pit 21" Length from bottom of collar to hem 30.75" Sleeve 24" Shoulder 18" Shipping from London,...
The hardware on that bag doesn't look great quality, but even so I'm surprised at the level of wear compared to your description of how you look after it. If it's not contacting with anything, what's causing the wear?Condition and polish it regularly - this won't stop it getting scuffed, but will turn scuffs into patina.Also, consider getting some metal studs put on the bottom (if not already fitted) to lift it off the ground a bit.Finally, it seems to be getting scuffed...
Well I'm doing just that in two weeks. Less than the cost of messing up an order.
You're in Europe. Just make an appointment, fly there, and get them to work out what adjustments you need - their custom upcharge is remarkably reasonable. Then back to the ease of ordering via e-mail to Rezso (and now, it seems, being able to pay by card).
Another gem unearthed from the back of the closet. This is vintage bespoke overcoat made by Pearce & Sons of Clifford Street (just off Savile Row, where Richard James and Drakes are based). It's made of a very heavyweight grey herringbone wool cloth (well over 20oz) with a black velvet collar. It's really a masterpiece of the cutters' art, including details such as a hidden inner pocket under the flap of the main pocket, a generous upper sleeve fitted into a small...
Very hard to come across; - Burberry no longer make in England - When they did the majority of their production was poly/cotton blend rather than pure cotton - 38 Long is a pretty rare size To my eyes, this also has the advantage of a more subdued check lining, rather than the obvious house 'Nova' check. For those who've not worn one before, this is a very versatile and truly stormproof garment. I've taken lots of photos so you can see all the details, but these were...