or Connect

Posts by robw

I was there earlier. Many ties at $75. Okay, but not a great price IMO. If you need to stock up on ties there are many. Otherwise, there are also lots of scarves I believe 95. Some pocket squares a few gloves hats and some a sweaters. There were some ring jacket suits, jackets and overcoats. Again Okay but not great prices. Was thinking about a ring jacket overcoat for about 700 but decided I could do better. There were some decent shirts but mainly in larger sizes...
Been wearing this for the last few days. Nothing too unique, just a standard sub date I bought about 17 or 18 years ago. I remember it was between this and a speedmaster moon and I was agonizing over which one to go with until my wife told me if you want a Rolex stop effing around and just get a Rolex. She was absolutely right and I've never looked back and never really wanted the moon after that. I wore this a lot after I got it for a number of years but then as other...
I read the article. I think I've posted about IWC before and I don't want to cast myself as IWC's advocate here. Suffice it to say, I own a couple of IWC watches that I love and I think the company is worthy of tremendous respect. I think there is no comparison to the quality and level of watchmaking that you see from IWC today (ie last 10 years or so to the supposed good old says. (Mayer touts his GST chrono as what hooked his on the brand, a watch with a std 7750...
I do it pretty regularly. It is not a big deal, but there is always the risk that you will scratch the lugs. Some advice if I may. First of all, buy a quality spring bar tool. A sharp tool will hold the spring bar and make it less likely that it will slip so you don't scratch the lugs. Also, work from the underside of the watch, not from the top, so if you do scratch or nick the lugs it will not be seen.Some people cover the lugs with scotch tape but I have not found it...
Looking at it from a dollars and cents pont of view it is difficult to justify the premium of the white gold version. You don't get that much more for your money.On the other hand, buying a watch like this is not really about making a rational decision. It is more about figuring out what you want and getting it. Having said that, you should really ask yourself if you will be happy with the steel version over the white gold. That is what it comes down to. Some people...
Without commenting specifically on any of the watches you mention, I will offer this small advice: if you don't WANT a certain watch, don't buy it. Trust me on this, you will not be satisfied and will either lose money selling trading the watch you got and didn't want , or it will sit there getting little wrist time and you will hate yourself.It doesn't sound to me like you really want the speedmaster, so I wouldn't buy it.As far as your collection goes, you basically...
The 3714 actually is one of the IWC watches from its past when it did not generally use its own movements. I came close to buying a 3712 (similar except is a split second chrono) several times in the late 90s.It is a really nice watch and I like it a lot more then the subsequent Portuguese chronographs, like the classic and yacht club. Nevertheless, if the movement is an issue for you, I would understand.Regarding IWC generally, it has come a long way since then. It is a...
Congratulations!. Enjoy
That is a beautiful watch that. Rose gold all the way IMO. Expensive for a time only watch, although its appeal is undeniable.