Posts by robw

Here is my Lunar Chronograph
Respectfully disagree. Patek has almost zero history history of pilots watches. There's nothing wrong with not having such a history, it just isn't what Patek does. The 1591 reference that you refer to was one reference and extremely limited- Maybe two or three examples I think are known to have existed. That dies not a history make. Indeed when the pilot travel time was introduced a few years ago the PP Press release that accompanied it, which you can read on its...
What I mean by fake vintage is that the numerals, hands and dial color, all together look like it is an old watch, when it is not. If that weren't enough, it is just the classic perpetual calendars that Patek used to make i.e., the two windows for day and month below 12 and the moon and date calendar at 6.On top of that, Patek has scant history with making pilots watches so where does that come from? To me, this particular version is an unsuccessful combination of two or...
I was wondering when PP would again make perpetuals like the classic 3448 or 2497 references, which IMO were beautiful watches, and am glad it finally did .However, I don't like this one. The fake vintage look is a turn off and beneath Patek. Frankly, I find it a little cheap looking, at least in the photos.I expect that there will more versions with dials and hands that have a more correct, that is to say classic, Patek look and I think they will be very nice.
I would suggest you step back and take your time. Looks like you popped up here a few days ago (welcome, btw) and have been posting a lot about which way to go. This is, of course, normal watch lunatic behavior and many, if not all of us, have been there. Anyway, none of the watches you are considering are especially hard to come by so there is no urgency, other than scratching the itch.Fwiw, I don't think there are any bad choices among the ones you are considering. If...
FWIW there are many JLC fans and owners here, myself included. Anyway regarding these Masters, I like how they look and recognize their value, but would have to see them in person. Many of the modern JLCs, especially the master series models are for me at least, just too austere and kind of meh when you see them in real life.I personally will reserve judgment until I see one in the fl... er, metal.
Hey all, Title of thread notwithstanding, I have never been and have no opinion re SF, but I will be there over next weekend and have some more practical questions. I figure I might get some answers here. I want to pack light, but from what I read online the weather can be unpredicatbale. Is that correct? Can I get away with a light or mediium weight jacket eg quilted barbour, with some shirts/sweaters or is that not enough? I don't have any special occasion that I...
I bought this recently from Mr Porter. Great casual jacket. Completely unlined/unpadded. Comes with Mr Porter garment bag https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-H4pCNg4v3wJ:https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/eidos/augusto-blue-slim-fit-unstructured-silk-and-wool-blend-blazer/747157+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us If anyone is interested before I return it, price 315 shipped in CONUS; shipped elsewhere at cost. I think I was charged 314. it is sold out at...
I have done plenty of alterations at Ercole's brooklyn shop. No hard sell.
I actually like the rose gold Daytona with bracelet. A lot.