or Connect

Posts by robw

Looking at it from a dollars and cents pont of view it is difficult to justify the premium of the white gold version. You don't get that much more for your money.On the other hand, buying a watch like this is not really about making a rational decision. It is more about figuring out what you want and getting it. Having said that, you should really ask yourself if you will be happy with the steel version over the white gold. That is what it comes down to. Some people...
Without commenting specifically on any of the watches you mention, I will offer this small advice: if you don't WANT a certain watch, don't buy it. Trust me on this, you will not be satisfied and will either lose money selling trading the watch you got and didn't want , or it will sit there getting little wrist time and you will hate yourself.It doesn't sound to me like you really want the speedmaster, so I wouldn't buy it.As far as your collection goes, you basically...
The 3714 actually is one of the IWC watches from its past when it did not generally use its own movements. I came close to buying a 3712 (similar except is a split second chrono) several times in the late 90s.It is a really nice watch and I like it a lot more then the subsequent Portuguese chronographs, like the classic and yacht club. Nevertheless, if the movement is an issue for you, I would understand.Regarding IWC generally, it has come a long way since then. It is a...
Congratulations!. Enjoy
That is a beautiful watch that. Rose gold all the way IMO. Expensive for a time only watch, although its appeal is undeniable.
Of your options, I would choose the explorer, I think it is the most versatile of the group and a watch I happen to really like. The mark is too casual in my view for a suit or SC/tie. If you are willing to consider pre-owned there are many more options out there. If you shop around a JLC master moon (much loved here) can be had in that range. Another watch I like a lot and would consider in that price range,a really high quality product, is the blancpain flyback. ...
I was there earlier. No deals. As with past LP sales. Lots of nice knits and outerwear but ridiculous prices even with 60-80 percent discountsthat are coming off the retail price. Hard to justify IMO.
HaHa ha, I was about 25 when I got my sub and while I did and do love it, and happily wore the hell out of it, it didn't end the madness.There have been more than few watches since. So it goes....
If you are in New York this weekend, you might want to check out the timecrafters exhibit at the Park Ave. Armory. You can check out the site to see the exhibitors http://www.timecrafters.com/brands.html I was there earlier today and didn't have a lot of time so I didn't check out all the exhibits; only the ones that interested me. Some quick and dirty notes: JLC had a really nice exhibit, the best by far of the show in my opinion, with some quite amazing haute...
Mazel tov stitch