or Connect

Posts by sbbbjm

they don't sell dry denim at the gap in the US. APC's have been the cheapest (and most accessible; i live in tx) for me honestly.  i ordered mine from the website last summer and they were $109 and for some reason they were having free shipping (and i guess i lucked out with the size cuz mine are fine).  APC's won't dissappoint. for low rise bootcut, dry jeans (i'm assuming you want a more modern looking fit) i've seen some by Wrangler 47...
i haven't really seen any predistresed jeans that i liked with the exception of the old paper denims (the current line is kinda crappy), earnest sewn, and diesel's 796 (yes, i know those totally look predistressed but i have a weak spot for those). . . . so in my quest to find the perftect faded jean i decided to make my own. i always had heard about selvage denim being the better, old fashioned denim, but i had never heard of the high contrast fades it could produce till...
unfortunately theres nothing confirming the model name but here are two pairs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....16&rd=1
i believe they are called the Japon or Napon something like that
oh yeah, i agree. gap has had some pretty decent looking jeans out. if they fit me better i would totally buy a pair. the ones i like are the 'stress free' (who thought stain resistant jeans could look that good?) bootcut ones. these are the ones i'm talking about -- they look alot better in person. the pic doesn't do them justice. . . . and the loose bootfit line look pretty good too. jcrew's jeans might be worth looking at too. the ones on sale look really good.
try and get your hands on a pair of APC english cuts if you can. with its slightly lower rise (no where as low as say diesel zathan's or true religions) and straight, relaxed leg, i think it would be perfect for your age. i think the slightly lower rise is a little more flattering and would be a nice update than classic levi's.
here's my schpiel on jeans -- my fave pair that i can throw on no matter what are Diesel Ravix's.  i have about 7 different pairs in different washes i've accumulated from ebay, and was definitely pissed when they dropped that model from the lineup this season.  i really want a pair in the 796 wash.  something about the weird square pockets and straight yoke in the back does wonders for my flatass syndrome.  the legs are a perfect combination of relaxed and bootcut on...
wear em hiking or building something, spill water on them, scuff em. i've heard of people scuffing them sandpaper and using a diluting some lighter colored than your boots shoe polish and then rubbing that into the scuff. i've also left my boots out in the sun for a couple days on accident before and the leather got a little dried out and stiffer. some spots even crackled a little anyway, said boots above have gotten me a lot of compliments. they were regular justin...
hey guys, first post after being a lurker for a long time -- i was lured by the denim topics. just a suggestion but, they way yall are measuring the waist doesn't seem to be the best method, becuz of the dip in the front. the amount jeans dip in the front is kind of subjective from brand to brand/fit to fit etc, so when i'm doing actual measurement i line up the front with the back so its straight across and take the measurement that way. if this has been mentioned,...