or Connect

Posts by sbbbjm

hey guys - i have the black suit up for sale. i've been thinking about it a while and i'm just not the sleek black suit kind of guy (more of a navy/charcoal kind of guy). that being said the suit really is gorgeous and fits like a glove albeit being from H&M. the MM fabric feels a lot nicer, and the fit is def a step up from the regular H&M suits (which is a crazy bc the H&M suits fit like shit, and they cost more). the jacket is a 42 and the pants are a 30 ( i...
hey guys - i have the black suit up for sale. i've been thinking about it a while and i'm just not the sleek black suit kind of guy (more of a navy/charcoal kind of guy). that being said the suit really is gorgeous and fits like a glove albeit being from H&M. the MM fabric feels a lot nicer, and the fit is def a step up from the regular H&M suits (which is a crazy bc the H&M suits fit like shit, and they cost more). the jacket is a 42 and the pants are a 30 ( i...
find an esthetician or a dermatologist that can perform an Exolift. its basically a prescription strength Biore strip. they dab a special polymer on your cleaned skin - my esthetician likes to call it super glue. then they put a layer of tape on it, let it sit for 3 min and then slowly rip it off. it removes the first 3-4 layers of skin and even the little vellus hairs. i feel like Biore strips only remove the top part of your black head. since the Exolift goes so...
i would go with Terre d'Hermes, and i would go with the Parfum version (not the EDT). i've found that the EDT is either a hit or miss with people. they either smell the citrus sitting on top of the soft woods/vetiver and it's really aromatic and sparkling OR all they get is the mineral/flint feel and they wonder why you want to smell like cold asphalt. the Parfum is much more 'rounded' and full bodied. it's blended quite nicely and smells more complex. i think it wear...
i go every 6-8 weeks for a full cut. however, between cuts i get a 'dry trim' or a 'cleanup' where my guy goes in and trims/cleans up my neck and over the ears. sometimes he'll go in and lightly re-taper the sides and back just to make sure everything is extra neat. so technically, i alternate full haircuts and cleanups everywhere 3-4 weeks.
its a classic short back and sides. if you have normal or finer hair, you could go to a barber and you'll be fine. if you have thicker or more difficult texture, i'd go to an experienced stylist bc they should know different techniques to make your hair look like the picture even if your hair isn't the same texture as the guy in the picture - like different texturizing techniques to make things lay down correctly.
i'm partial to Night Rider by Kevin Murphy. i have thick and coarse asian hair that usually laughs at any kind of wax or molding clay, so i usually have to use a lot more product than the average person to get any kind of hold. with this stuff, i use about a dime sized daub. i was pleasantly surprised by Night Rider bc it has a softer texture (than AC Fiber) but it has a really nice amount of hold while still being moldable. most products like this either stay pliable...
woa totally thought that was bobby flay just glancing
i reaalllly think u should let a professional do it. however, if you must, you want to look for brazilian "hard wax." it either comes in little pots that u heat up on a warmer or you buy a bag of wax pellets and warm them in the warmer. it's nice to put a light dusting of talc on the skin to protect it, and see where u've already waxed. never re wax the same section bc you could rip off the top layer of skin. if it didn't pick it up the first time, you need to tweeze....
as a cosmetologist, i'm going to say it's not really worth it for the waxing. waxing around your shaft/nuts is tricky bc the skin there is stretchy and looser. we can use special brazilian waxes to remove a good amount of hair, but since it's hard to get the skin taut, you're indefinitely going to be left with a bunch of hairs that the wax couldn't rip out. p.s. don't think you just lay there and we go to work. sometimes we need more than one hand to keep things taut...